Congratulations to Zoe Bowers, Abigail Burger, Emma Fleischaker, and Nathan Talafous for being accepted to The Ohio State University Honor Band! The students will travel to Ohio State on January 12th and spend 2 days rehearsing with OSU faculty, followed by a concert on January 14th.
Solo/Ensemble forms and money must be turned in no later than December 12th. Forms can be found on the Winds/Concert Band pages or on the wall outside of the Band Office.
Solos are $18 Ensembles are $23(for the entire ensemble, not per person)
You MUST list your accompanist on the form. We will not accept “TBD” or “I don’t know yet” as this causes scheduling problems. Contact your accompanist ASAP!
If you have time requests, please list these and the reason on the back of your form.
Congratulations to sophomore Abigail Burger and junior Emma Fleischaker for being accepted to the Ohio Band Directors Conference Honor Band! They will perform for the conference, held at the University of Akron, in December.
• A reminder that there will be a required Disney Meeting tomorrow (Thursday) at 6PM in the HS cafeteria
• Due to the adjusted schedule tomorrow, there will be no after school marching band practice. Our first Disney practice will be Thursday after Thanksgiving break
All tickets for the 2017 Palace Theatre concert have been sold! Thanks for your support!
Tickets for the annual Palace concert are now on sale. Tickets are $6.00 each, payable by cash or check (made to Perry Band Boosters). Don’t wait until the last minute as this concert WILL sell out quickly!
• Doors will be open at 4:30 PM, buses will roll at 5:20
• We “should” be home by 11 or 11:30 PM, depending on the length of the game. It’s hard to give an exact time.
• Bring raincoats
• A reminder that jeans, sweats, etc are not to be worn under the uniform. You may wear a layer of UnderArmour type material. No exceptions.
• The PHSMB will be performing at 2:15 in Dayton Welcome Stadium
• Maps, pricing, and other details can be found at http://www.omeasmbf.org/
|12:30 PM||C||Arcanum HS|
|12:45 PM||B||Bloom Carroll HS|
|1:00 PM||B||Meigs HS|
|1:15 PM||B||Perkins HS|
|1:30 PM||B||Milton-Union HS|
|1:45 PM||B||Chesapeake HS|
|2:00 PM||A||Newton HS|
|2:15 PM||AA||Perry HS|
• Doors for Friday’s football game vs Glenoak will open at 5:00PM. Senior speeches at 5:45, warmup at 6:15PM. Following pregame we will march back to the HS for you to change.
• Sunday OMEA State Marching Band Finals: Doors open at 8:15, buses depart at 9AM. It may be a bit chilly, so if you feel the need to wear a layer under your uniform, please remember that it must be a thin UnderArmour type material. No jeans, sweats, etc.