|Waterford HS||C||10:05 AM|
|Fort Frye HS||C||10:20 AM|
|Belpre HS||C||10:35 AM|
|St. Marys HS||C||10:50 AM|
|John Glenn HS||B||11:05 AM|
|Berne Union HS||A||11:50 AM|
|Point Pleasant HS||A||12:05 PM|
|Perry HS||AA||12:20 PM|
|Marietta HS||12:35 PM|
• Friday @ Hoover: Doors open at 5PM, buses roll at 5:45PM
• Saturday @ Marietta: Doors open at 8AM, buses roll at 8:45AM
• Please note that the competition is not at Marietta HS. All performances will be at Don Drumm Stadium in Marietta, OH.
Please be advised that the Cambridge stadium is NOT at Cambridge HS. The address for the stadium is 1201 Clarimont Ave, Cambridge, OH.
|John Glenn HS||B||4:15PM|
|Tri Valley HS||A||5:45PM|
|Pickerington Central HS||AA||6:30PM|
• Friday at Jackson: Doors open at 5PM, buses roll at 5:45PM
• Saturday Community Parade: Doors open at 9:45AM, buses roll at 10:20AM. Dress is 2017 marching shirt and jeans.
• Saturday at Cambridge Competition: Doors open at 3:00PM, buses roll at 3:45PM. Performance by the PHSMB at 6:45PM. We should return to PHS around 9PM.
• The weather this week is looking a bit rough. Please be prepared to have rehearsal rain or shine!
The annual Perry Community Parade will be held on Saturday, September 16th at 11AM. The parade begins at Doctors Hospital, heads down Tusc., and will conclude at PHS. PHSMB members should:
• Arrive at PHS no later than 10AM
• Wear jeans and your 2017 PHSMB tee shirt
• Buses roll at 10:20AM, return to PHS around 11:30 AM
If you have a conflict this morning, please email Mr. Smith. Please note that this is the same day as our Cambridge Competition. We are still waiting on a schedule from Cambridge and will share that as soon as we have it.
Friday, January 12 – Sunday, January 14, 2018
The Ohio State University Honor Band is a nomination style group. Please send Mr. Smith an email with the following information in order to be nominated:
- Student’s email address and cell phone number
- Student’s residence (street address, city, state, zip)
- Student’s T-shirt size
- All State, regional and district honor band memberships
- Parent/guardian’s email address and phone number
Rebecca Tilton, a 2017 graduate of Perry High School, recently earned a spot in The University of Akron Symphonic Band. The University of Akron Symphonic Band, under the direction of Dr. Galen S. Karriker, is the most select ensemble of wind and percussion students on The University of Akron campus. One of the Midwest’s premiere wind groups, the Symphonic Band has performed at numerous national, regional and state conventions, highlighted by performances at both the American Bandmasters Association National Convention in Baltimore Maryland, and the College Band Directors National Association Conference in Cincinnati, Ohio. Other major performances include numerous appearances at the Ohio Music Education Association Conference, the College Band Directors National Association Convention in East Lansing, Michigan, and in Kansas City, Missouri, and tours throughout Europe, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.
Rebecca was a member of the Perry Symphonic Winds, Marching Band, and Jazz Ensemble. Congrats Becca!
Head over to Handel’s Ice Cream on Thursday, August 31st from 3PM-9PM and a portion of the proceeds will go directly to the PHS Band program! You must print the flyer below and turn it in with your order. Head on over! It’s the easiest and most delicious way to support your band member!
• Fair Show practice Monday night: Buses roll at 5:15PM. Return to PHS at 7:15PM
• Fair Show performance Tuesday night: Buses roll at 6:45PM. Return to PHS at 9:45PM
• CCHS football on Friday night: Parade begins at 6:15. Doors open at 5:30PM
• If you want to have 3rd quarter privileges this Friday night, you must be caught up on your checkoffs. No exceptions.
• Dress for Tuesday and Friday will be full uniform, hats and gloves. If you don’t have gloves, be sure to bring $$ on Tuesday to purchase them. Black 2017 band shirts under your uniform.