• Congratulations to the following students who will be participating in honor bands this year:
– OBDC Honor Band at The University of Akron: Jack Darnell, Toree Fogle, and Makayla Kelly
– Capital University Honor Band: Toree Fogle
– Ohio State University Honor Band: Zoe Bowers & Abigail Burger
• It’s time to start thinking about Solo & Ensemble! Here are a few items to think about:
– The deadline is December 13th. All registration forms and fees must be turned in to Mr. Smith by this date. Solos are $19 and Ensembles are $24. Make checks payable to Perry Band Boosters.
– You must secure your own accompanist. It’s important that you don’t wait until the last minute. Please see our private lessons/accompanists page on Perryband.com for some suggested accompanists. It’s highly encouraged that you handle this before Thanksgiving.
– It’s HIGHLY suggested/encouraged that all students in Symphonic Winds, or wishing to be in Symphonic Winds, take a solo to contest.
– Solo & Ensemble should not be a highly stressful event, if you are prepared. This is a fantastic opportunity to improve as a musician. Preparing a solo, or an ensemble, will help you develop skills that are impossible to teach in a band setting. Do it!
• The Palace Concert is next Tuesday! All PHS band students should arrive at the Palace Theatre no later than 6:30PM. Please enter through the rear stage door, and put your instruments in the dressing rooms under the stage. Doors for parents will open at 6:15PM, and the concert will begin at 7PM. Dress for the concert is your concert uniform. Please make sure you have everything you need as you will NOT be permitted to perform if you are missing pieces of your uniform. (bow ties, cummerbunds, jackets, pants, etc etc)
Share on Facebook