• Congratulations to our 2021-2022 PHS Band Officers
- President- Lily Stuart
- Vice President- Robert Stitt
- Secretary- Rylie Lapikas
- Treasurer- Anne Fahrner
- Historian- Ashton Turkal
• Rookie Camp will be held this coming Thursday from 1-2:30 PM. Leadership team should meet in the band room at 12:45.
• Have a fantastic summer and keep an eye on the website for any announcements.
• All show music files are now available on the Marching Band page! Practice so we can hit the ground running in July!
• Rookie Camp will be next Thursday from 1:00 to 2:30PM
Congratulations to our 2021 Color Guard Members: Niaha Baad, Anais Diaz, Hannah Etheridge, Victoria Gonder, Elliot Lopez, Jade Lopez, Jillian Reddington, and Cheyanne Westfall
• A reminder that if you haven’t already done so, please fill out the RSVP form for the Senior Band Banquet. In addition, we need your $20 payments for each guest ASAP. If you haven’t RSVP’d or paid, you will not be permitted to enter the banquet facility.
• Tickets for our concert on May 6th are available. Each student may request up to 4 tickets. The tickets are free and available in the band office. No tickets will be given away at the door.
• Tickets are now available for our May 6th concert. The event will be held in the main gym at 7:00 PM and will feature performances by the Perry High School Symphonic Winds, Concert Band, and Jazz Ensemble. Each student may request up to 4 tickets from the band office. All attendees must wear a mask and adhere to our social distancing guidelines.
• Band Banquet RSVPs are due no later than May 1st. Please click here to RSVP
• The application for the Perry Band Booster Scholarship is available at Perryband.com under the booster page. Applications are due no later than May 5th.
• A reminder that leadership applications are due this Friday.
• Butterbraid pick up is tonight! 6-7:30 PM at Pfeiffer
• We will have our first LIVE CONCERT this year on May 6th at 7PM in the main gym!! We’re excited!
• We are working on details regarding holding a band banquet this year. Please mark May 10th on your calendars!
• DISNEY: As you know, our Disney trip is supposed to take place during the upcoming 2021-2022 school year. At this time, I do not feel that asking parents to make financial deposits for a fall trip is the right thing to do. With so much uncertainty, it is next to impossible to plan a fall trip. The last thing I want to do is ask families to make deposits at this time when there is a chance we may not be able to go…or that the trip could be unenjoyable. Our current plan is to plan for a winter/spring Florida trip. What I would advise you to do is to start setting aside the financial resources you would need. Our trip is usually in the neighborhood of $1000. In the meantime, I will be planning a fantastic trip that we can all enjoy….just a bit later than we’re used to.
Audition information for 2021 Field Commanders is now available on the Marching Band page. Auditions will take place on April 16th after school. Please print and read the audition letter/instructions, and download the score. If you have any issues printing the material, please see Mr. Smith ASAP.
It is HIGHLY recommended that you work with a current/former Field Commander to prepare for your audition.
Please note that if you are selected as a Field Commander, you must attend the Phantom Regiment Drum Major Camp held at The University of Akron in June. (dates TBA)
All CURRENT Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors are eligible for Field Commander tryouts.
• It’s March! So let’s talk Marching Band! We are fully anticipating a “normal” marching band season this year. This past year was certainly not “normal” and we’re anxious to get back to what we do best.
• The 2021 Marching Band Schedule is now online under schedule of events. We have a couple of dates not added yet (Fair Show, uniform fittings,) but 99 percent of the schedule is there and ready to go.
• Any student wishing to be on the 2021 Leadership Team must submit an application later no later than Friday, March 26th. Please state what qualities would make you a good leader, and how you intend to use your skills to make our organization continue to be successful.
• Field Commander auditions will be held in April this year. If you are interested, please speak with a current Field Commander. More details coming soon!
Here is the recording of our Pfeiffer and Edison “Virtual Concert”. Please take a listen and celebrate the fantastic progress our younger students have made this year!