Lily was awarded a $1000 scholarship from the Fred J Miller Flag Camp this past week, held at Walsh University. The scholarship was awarded for outstanding achievement, hard work, and dedication. Perry Pride!
PDF and audio files are now available for the ballad on the Marching Band page
Please read the following addition to the Perry Band Handbook. This policy will be in effect beginning on June 5th. Have a great summer and we will see you in July!
Social Media Policy
As a member of the Perry High School Bands, you represent the group at all times, including on social media platforms. It is expected that you hold yourself and the group to the highest of standards. Any instances of slander, hate speech, cyber bullying, or other inappropriate comments directed toward individual members or sections of the band, the band as a whole, or it’s directors and staff will not be tolerated and may result in dismissal from the band.
In an effort to guide social media practices, including group chats, we suggest the following:
- Understand that freedom of speech is not unlimited. Social media websites are not a place where you can say and do whatever you want without consequences.
- Think twice before posting. If you would not want your parents, family, teachers, or boss to see your post, do not post it!
- The internet is permanent. Even if you delete something, it still exists somewhere.
- Remember many different audiences will see your posts, including fans, alumni, band members, parents, staff, etc.
- Do not post comments that you would not speak about openly person to person.
- Remember that directors and staff are aware of what you post on social media. Eventually, we will hear about it.
- Keep in mind that potential employers and colleges use social media websites to screen candidates. Your career path can be directly impacted by your actions on social media websites.
- Protect yourself by maintaining a self-image that you can be proud of years from now.
After a fantastic rookie camp today, we hope you all have a safe and relaxing summer! We have an awesome incoming class of Freshmen and we are looking forward to another great year with the PHS Bands. Keep an eye on the website as the ballad will be uploaded soon! Practice!
Information for the Ohio Band Directors Conference Honor Band at The University of Akron is available! The event takes place in December, and auditions materials are due in October. Please go to http://uakron.edu/bands/obdc/honor-band/ for information. All students who are studying privately should consider applying for this event!
Any student who is studying privately who would like to earn some college credit and have a fantastic summer music experience should consider enrolling in the University of Akron’s Summer Concert Band. Info is below. Please see Mr. Smith before you enroll to ensure this ensemble is right for you.
Congrats to our 2017 PHS Band Officers
President: Collin Goff
Vice President: Kelsey McKay
Secretary: Ethan Scheck
Treasurer: Amber Modlin
Historian: Gavin Friedrichsen
Scores, parts, and audio for the opener and closer are now available on the Marching Band page. See your leadership team for your part assignment.
Ballad is coming soon!
Congratulations to the Edison 7th and 8th Grade Bands for earning superior ratings Friday night!
• Come out and support the PHS Percussion Ensemble this Wednesday at PHS. The concert begins at 7PM. Admission is $6.00
• Bands In The Round is this Thursday night! (and it’s only supposed to be 55 degrees!) HS students need to be in the gym by 6:00PM for the massed bands rehearsal. Admission to the concert is $6.00. Band dress for the event is “nice dress clothes”. (no jeans, shorts, tee shirts, etc)
Congratulations to the members of the Perry Concert Band for earning a superior rating at OMEA State Contest!