We are just a little over 2 weeks away from the Disney trip! Here are a few last minute items to think about:
• Please start checking the weather forecast for Orlando, and pack your suitcase (singular) accordingly. It’s not always 80 degrees and sunny in Florida. Planning ahead will make for a much more enjoyable trip.
• We will be in HOF parade uniforms. No hats or gloves. Please be sure to pack your marching band shoes and black socks. If you don’t have these items, you will not perform. Also, don’t be the person that forgets their instrument.
• We will be making very limited stops on the trip down and the trip home. We will stop for dinner on the way down (fast food) and stop for breakfast on the way home (also fast food). Breakfast at the hotel is free every day, and you will get 1 meal certificate for the parks. You will need to bring some money to cover other meals, souvenirs,etc so please plan accordingly. I can’t really tell you how much $$ to bring as each person is different. Just remember that the more money you bring, the more money you’re likely to spend. Choose wisely!
• Prescription medications: Please only bring enough for the duration of the trip. All medication needs to be in a prescription container or ziplock bag with instructions. For us to distribute medication, please turn this in to Mr. Smith no later than December 12th so we can organize everything. Please note that we do not need to distribute lower end prescriptions such as birth control, etc.
• Overt the counter medications: If you are bringing a non-prescription like Tylenol, please only bring enough for the trip. These items can be in the original container or ziplock bag. We will not distribute any over the counter medications.
• Parents and students should review our discipline policies regarding the trip by clicking here. It is important that you understand that if there is a major violation, your child will be sent home from the trip at your expense. Major violations include, but are not limited to: theft, drug or alcohol use, threats, out of rooms after curfew, or any behavior that causes removal from Disney or Universal studios. This is my 13th band trip and in all of those years, we’ve only had to send home 1 student. Please don’t be the second.
• You are expected to be adults on this trip. That means being on time each morning and evening and taking care of yourself during the time that you’re in the parks. Please know that your decisions impact 130 other people.
• Any movies you wish to watch on the bus DVD system must be PG13 or lower. If you bring a sing along movie, you will be left on the side of the highway.
• You’re going to have a blast. Plan ahead, packing accordingly, and you will have great memories for the rest of your life.
Share on Facebook