We hope everyone has had an enjoyable and relaxing summer so far! Here are some upcoming events and items that need your attention:
1. A reminder that uniform fittings are July 8th and 10th in the band room. Please be sure you have ordered your Black Drillmaster band shoes. Rookies: You will want to wear these during the first week or so of Marching Band to break them in. This will help avoid blisters during the parade.
2. A friendly reminder that marching band rehearsals begin on Monday, July 15, at 7:00 AM. Please be in your seats and ready to play at 6:55AM. Do not walk in the door at 6:59 and expect a positive outcome. Please note that summer rehearsals are not optional. If you are not there (and haven’t previously emailed Mr. Smith about a vacation), your spot will be given to someone who is there and on time.
3. If you have lost touch with your instrument, now is a great time to reconnect with it and reintroduce yourself. The better you sound on July 15th the more pleasant all of our lives (including yours) will be.
4. Bring all music, instruments, flip folders, and lyres. We will be outside for part of the first day. Rookies, check in with your leadership team to make sure your instrument group uses a lyre (most do). Do not show up on day one without these items.
5. Wear comfortable shoes. No flip flops or sandals are permitted. Rookies: It’s a good idea to wear your brand new marching band shoes to these rehearsals so you can break them in before the parade.
6. We will give you water breaks each hour. It is YOUR responsibility to bring water jugs, etc. You will not have time to run inside to use the drinking fountain…bring it to the field with you!
7. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Marching Band rehearsals are not the place to try getting a suntan for the first time of the year and sunburns are not an excused absence. If you haven’t ventured outside of your home since June 1st, start spending sometime outside to get acclimated to the heat. Wear lots of bright/light colors to rehearsals. Try to avoid black.
7. If you haven’t memorized La Pantera and the Fight Song yet, get busy.
Share on Facebook