Nominations are being taken for officer positions for the Booster Executive Board! All positions are open to any adult with a child in band. If you know someone that is interested in an officer position, forward their name or nominate yourself! This is an important facet of a successful band program, so please consider running for an office.
Send nomination recommendations to Steve White 330 806-7599 or Dawn Scott 330 844-0016 for consideration!!
Elections for officer positions will be held during the April 8th Booster Meeting!!
• Congratulations to both the Concert Band and Symphonic Winds for earning straight superior ratings this weekend at District Contest!
• Remember to bring your Chromebook to band today!
• Please turn in all Butterbraid fundraiser orders today!
• The Pre District Band & Choir Concert will be held Monday, March 11th at 7PM in the Aux. Gym. Concert Band members should be in seats at 6:30PM.
• Symphonic Winds will perform at Lake HS on Friday, March 15th at 5:40PM. Buses will depart PHS at 3:45PM.
• Concert Band will perform at Lake HS on Saturday, March 16th at 10:30AM. Buses will depart at 8:45AM.
The 2019 Marching Band schedule is online. Please click on “schedule of events” to view the calendar. While all of our rehearsals and football games are on the calendar, please note that we are still waiting to schedule our 2 marching band competitions. An update will be sent out once we know these dates.
• All flag line members are invited to come and meet the new flag line instructor this Friday, at 4:30PM. Ms. Nousek is looking forward to meeting all of you.
• While the full marching band schedule is not available yet, please note that summer rehearsals will begin on July 15. We should have the schedule posted in the coming weeks.
• Any returning member who would like to be considered for the 2019 PHSMB leadership team should write a 1 page(minimum) letter explaining your accomplishments in band, and why you should be considered for a leadership position. Letters will be due on Monday, March 11th. Please print your letter and turn it into Mr. Smith. Please do not email your letter.
• Field commander auditions will be held in March (the week before spring break). Please visit the Marching Band page for audition materials.
With the weather forecast not looking favorable this week, we have an option of plans. Please read this carefully so we are all on the same page.
• If school is closed Wednesday only, we will have our “Winds Wednesday” rehearsal on Thursday at our normal time.
• If school is closed Wednesday AND Thursday, we will plan to have a dress rehearsal at 12:30PM on Thursday. If the weather is still dangerously cold by noon on Thursday, keep an eye on this website so that if we choose to cancel, you will be informed.
• Friday is looking good! However, if school were to be closed on Friday, plan to arrive, in concert uniform, at 11:30AM to load and depart for Cleveland. Percussion needs to arrive by 10AM to load percussion equipment. All students should bring a change of clothes for after the performance/dinner. There will also be food available onsite if you wish to purchase something during the day.
• No students are permitted to walk to school for either of these events. If you have trouble finding a ride, it is imperative that you let Mr. Smith know. Student safety is our first priority.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this week. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Either way, we’re looking forward to memorable performance experience for our students on Friday. Parents, please review the post regarding parking information so that you don’t miss this fantastic performance.
Due to the impending storm, OMEA has decided to cancel Saturday’s event. This decision was made with student safety in mind. Keep in mind that all of the hard work and preparation has already made you a better musician….it’s not JUST about the performance. We will know more information about refund checks in the coming week. Please be patient with us as we sort through this. We are looking at options to give you all the opportunity to perform your pieces if we can arrange it. Stay safe and enjoy your weekend!
The solo and ensemble schedule can be obtained from the band office. Please be sure to pick one up so you know your performance room number and time.
Please arrive at Massillon HS no later than 30 minutes before your event. Our homeroom/warmup room is A213.
All scores must be numbered and given to your judge prior to your performance. You should be dressed professionally for this event.
In the event that this event is cancelled due to weather, we will get the information on Perryband.com and Facebook as soon as possible. We are all watching the forecast. Your best bet is to be prepared to perform.
• Symphonic Winds will rehearse on Wednesday from 12:30-2:15 in lieu of having a final exam. If things go well, you can plan on being finished before 2:15.
• You do not need to attend your final exam time on Friday for Symphonic Winds