Parts for Masquerade should be available on the Marching Band page. Sorry for the glitch!
We hope everyone has had an enjoyable and relaxing summer so far! Here are some upcoming events and items that need your attention:
1. A reminder that uniform fittings are July 20th and 22nd in the band room. Please be sure you have ordered your Black Drillmaster band shoes. Rookies: You will want to wear these during the first week or so of Marching Band to break them in. This will help avoid blisters during the parade. In addition, please make sure you bring your flip folder and lyre on the first day. These can be purchased online, or locally through Pellegrino.
2. A friendly reminder that marching band rehearsals begin on Monday, July 19, at 7:00 AM. Please be in your seats and ready to play at 6:55AM. Do not walk in the door at 6:59 and expect a positive outcome. Please note that summer rehearsals are not optional. If you are not there (and haven’t previously emailed Mr. Smith about a vacation), your spot will be given to someone who is there and on time.
3. If you have lost touch with your instrument, now is a great time to reconnect with it and reintroduce yourself. The better you sound on July 19th the more pleasant all of our lives (including yours) will be.
4. Bring all music, instruments, flip folders, and lyres. We will be outside for part of the first day. Rookies, check in with your leadership team to make sure your instrument group uses a lyre (most do). Do not show up on day one without these items.
5. Wear comfortable shoes. No flip flops or sandals are permitted. Rookies: It’s a good idea to wear your brand new marching band shoes to these rehearsals so you can break them in before the parade.
6. We will give you water breaks each hour. It is YOUR responsibility to bring water jugs, etc. You will not have time to run inside to use the drinking fountain…bring it to the field with you!
7. Sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Marching Band rehearsals are not the place to try getting a suntan for the first time of the year and sunburns are not an excused absence. If you haven’t ventured outside of your home since June 1st, start spending sometime outside to get acclimated to the heat. Wear lots of bright/light colors to rehearsals. Try to avoid black.
7. If you haven’t memorized La Pantera and the Fight Song yet, get busy.
I hope everyone is having a safe and enjoyable summer! I wanted to update you to let you know that the Marietta Competition has been moved to October 2nd. Please update your schedules accordingly.
We are currently planning our Disney trip around the MLK break in mid January. We are currently trying to work out details, but things are looking good! I will push out more information as it becomes available.
• Congratulations to our 2021-2022 PHS Band Officers
- President- Lily Stuart
- Vice President- Robert Stitt
- Secretary- Rylie Lapikas
- Treasurer- Anne Fahrner
- Historian- Ashton Turkal
• Rookie Camp will be held this coming Thursday from 1-2:30 PM. Leadership team should meet in the band room at 12:45.
• Have a fantastic summer and keep an eye on the website for any announcements.
• All show music files are now available on the Marching Band page! Practice so we can hit the ground running in July!
• Rookie Camp will be next Thursday from 1:00 to 2:30PM
Congratulations to our 2021 Color Guard Members: Niaha Baad, Anais Diaz, Hannah Etheridge, Victoria Gonder, Elliot Lopez, Jade Lopez, Jillian Reddington, and Cheyanne Westfall
• A reminder that if you haven’t already done so, please fill out the RSVP form for the Senior Band Banquet. In addition, we need your $20 payments for each guest ASAP. If you haven’t RSVP’d or paid, you will not be permitted to enter the banquet facility.
• Tickets for our concert on May 6th are available. Each student may request up to 4 tickets. The tickets are free and available in the band office. No tickets will be given away at the door.
• Tickets are now available for our May 6th concert. The event will be held in the main gym at 7:00 PM and will feature performances by the Perry High School Symphonic Winds, Concert Band, and Jazz Ensemble. Each student may request up to 4 tickets from the band office. All attendees must wear a mask and adhere to our social distancing guidelines.
• Band Banquet RSVPs are due no later than May 1st. Please click here to RSVP
• The application for the Perry Band Booster Scholarship is available at Perryband.com under the booster page. Applications are due no later than May 5th.