• We are off to a fantastic start! Mr. Smith got a little carried away this morning learning sets, so we will slow it down tomorrow and review, and hopefully finish off the remaining sets of the opener. It’s going to be hot again, so remember to stay hydrated on your breaks. We will get you inside during the hottest part of the morning again. Thanks for hanging in there today!
• La Pantera needs to be checked off! Get it memorized and play it for your leadership team so you can march in the HOF parade. Next up will be the opener and all of Pre Game. The sooner you get it memorized (correctly) the easier rehearsals will be.
• Dress for the HOF parade will be full uniform, minus hats and gloves. You need to have a BLACK tee shirt, band shoes, and full length black socks. Biker/tight athletic shorts should be worn for comfort if you choose.
• Many sections have gatherings the evening for the HOF Parade. This is a great opportunity to bond with your fellow band members. Parents: Please make sure they get some sleep, and aren’t drinking soda and eating junk food all night long. Odds are that the parade will be hot, and this will lead to them not making it to the finish. Eat a light breakfast! Eating 18 pancakes and then marching 2.5 miles will not end well. Drink plenty of water before you leave as none will be available downtown.
• Parade Day: Doors open at 6AM, buses roll at 6:45AM. We should be back at PHS around 11AM, possibly sooner. We have an early spot this year!
• We still need some parent volunteers to chaperone the Sandusky HS Marching Band the night before the parade. We need 2-3 people for 2 shifts: 7PM-Midnight and Midnight-5AM. If you prefer, you can stay the whole night. Email Mr. Smith as soon as possible if you are available.
• We would like to have some bell covers made for our new baritones and mellophones to help protect the silver. If you are good with sewing, and would be interested, please contact Mr. Smith for details.
Share on Facebook