Any students who are auditioning for the D8 Honors band need to email their audio file and signed paperwork to Mr. Smith no later than this Tuesday.
• Congratulations to our Marching Panthers on another fantastic season. You’ve marched in 30 football games in 2 years and we appreciate the extra time that each of you put in to support our football team and community. A huge thank you goes out to the parents who donate their time and energies to support our program. Without them, none of our success would be possible. We’d also like to thank the Perry community for that awesome reception at halftime last night!
• If you didn’t turn in your uniform last night, please contact Tina Metcalf to get that taken care of.
• Baritones and Mellophones: Please be sure your instruments are at the band office by the end of the day on Monday.
• We will have Disney trip info for you this coming week.
• Have a great weekend and enjoy the day off by practicing!
Doors will be open all day. Buses roll at 2:45PM. We will make a dinner stop at Polaris on the way down.
There will be a community pep rally on Wednesday at 6PM. Band members should be in place by 5:30PM. We will be assembled on the south balcony in the main gym(same place as last year, in parade block). Please wear your Marching Band tee shirt.
We are still working out the details for Thursday. Plan on a 2-3PM departure with a dinner stop at Polaris Mall on the way down. We will be performing pre game, and will most likely combine with La Salle Marching Band for the National Anthem.
• OHSAA State Football Finals will be Thursday evening at 7:30PM in Columbus. Once we know how things will work out, we will have departure times, etc. There will be a 2 hour early dismissal on Thursday. Plan on a dinner stop on the way to Columbus if we can make it happen.
• While it is difficult to estimate what time we will return, we are guessing around 1AM.
• All Marching Band uniform parts and raincoats must be turned in when we arrive back at PHS on Thursday evening/Friday morning. You will be charged for any missing parts.
• Mellophones/Baritones: Please stack your instruments outside of Mr. Smith’s office following the game.
• Ensembles will practice on Tuesday. Make sure you know your part!
• Information regarding next year’s Florida trip will be available in the next week. Details coming soon!
• No school on Friday!
Solo/Ensemble forms and money must be turned in no later than December 12th. Forms can be found on the Winds/Concert Band pages or on the wall outside of the Band Office.
Solos are $18 Ensembles are $23(for the entire ensemble, not per person)
You MUST list your accompanist on the form. We will not accept “TBD” or “I don’t know yet” as this causes scheduling problems. Contact your accompanist ASAP! Please be aware that Mr. Reiman is unable to accompany this year.
Winds Ensemble leaders: Please turn in ONE form for your ensemble. Split the $23 fee amongst your ensemble members.
If you have time requests, please list these and the reason on the back of your form. Ensemble leaders should check with your members to see if anyone has a request.
• The Palace Concert is Tuesday night! All HS band members should be in their seats, in concert uniform, by 6:45PM.
• If you do not have what you need for your concert uniform, it is YOUR responsibility to get this taken care of ASAP. Contact Tina Metcalf at 806-8513. If you are not in concert uniform, you will not receive a passing grade for the performance.
• Football this Friday at Lake HS- Doors open at 5PM, buses roll at 5:45PM
• Beginning this week, there is no food or drink allowed in the HS band room for any reason. The inability of some to pick up after themselves has forced us in this direction.
Congratulations to Becca Tilton(euphonium), Abigail Burger(french horn), and Olivia Lane(clarinet) for being selected to the Ohio Band Directors Conference Honors Band!
All tickets for the Palace Concert have been sold! No more tickets will be available.
• Palace tickets are almost gone! We expect to sell out by Wednesday or Thursday of this week.
• Friday vs New Albany: Doors open at 4:30, buses roll at 5:15PM.