A reminder that all school owned instruments must be delivered to the main band room Tuesday morning.
As roads clear, we still plan to have a Booster meeting this evening at 7PM. Should plans change, an email will be sent out and the website updated.
1. Palace Tickets are nearly sold out! Get your order in before we run out.
2. Our Palace Concert will be professionally recorded. Please see the announcement page or scrolling banner on the homepage for an order form.
3. Ohio Tuxedo has closed it’s doors and relocated to American Commodore Tuxedo in Belden Village Mall. All orders will be honored by the new company.
4. Solo and Ensemble forms are due this Friday.
5. Louisville payments due this week (Jazz Ensemble)
6. Perry Band Booster meeting this Monday at 7PM. All parents are welcome to attend.
7. ALL SCHOOL OWNED INSTRUMENTS must be delivered to the main Band Room no later than 7AM Tuesday morning. No exceptions.
We will be having our Palace Concert professionally recorded this year. If you would like to pre-order a CD, please fill out the attached form and turn it in to Mr. Smith or at the recording booth on December 21st. Don’t miss out on a professional recording of this year’s Perry Bands!
Click here to download order form!
The Concert Band page has been updated with MP3 files of District Contest music.
1. Uniform turn in tonight from 6-7PM
2. ALL school instruments must be brought to the PHS Main Band Room on Tuesday, December 14, by 7AM. This includes all instruments at home and at school. Instruments need to be places in the center of room. An inventory will be taken during the day for our maintenance program. You may pick your instruments back up before Band. Any students in study halls mods 1-16 may get a pass to come to the band room to help! (please)
3. Winds MP3 links updated with District program: The Witch and the Saint, Amparito Roca, and Dancing in Air.
Our uniform crew will be at PHS this Tuesday from 6PM-7PM. If you have not turned in your Marching Band uniform, this needs to be done immediately. Also, if you need a concert uniform, please pick this up Tuesday. If you do not have a concert uniform by Tuesday, you will NOT be performing at the Palace.
1. There will be no after school rehearsal for Symphonic Winds this Wednesday. Concert Band will rehearse instead. Concert Band will NOT rehearse after school on Thursday.
2. Solo and Ensemble forms are due by December 17th. You need to fill out ONE form for your ensemble with all group members listed, and one form if you are taking a solo. Do not fill out forms for Woodwind and Brass Choirs. Participation at this event is HIGHLY encouraged.
3. MP3’s for next years show should be coming soon. Our show will be “British Invasion”, and based on music from The Who and The Beatles.
4. If for some reason you do not have a concert uniform, please see Mr. Smith or Mrs. Martin ASAP.
Soloist files for Backbone and Aurora are now available on the Jazz Ensemble page. Files are in m4a format. If you have any troubles playing the files, please contact me ASAP and I will update them to MP3 versions.
Trombone solo file is also available for Backbone. Please email me and I will send you the PDF version of the written trombone solo.
1. The Palace Concert is just around the corner! All Winds and Concert Band members MUST HAVE A TUXEDO SHIRT for their concert uniform. Please purchase a plain white, winged collar tux shirt. Ohio Tuxedo is offering a GREAT deal on tux shirts.
2. Palace Tickets are going fast! Please be sure to get your tickets before we sell out. Tickets are $5 each, payable in cash or check made out to Perry Band Boosters. See any of the Band staff for tickets.
3. Solo and Ensemble forms will be made available this week. Please be sure to know the title of your composition, song code, group name, etc. Forms must be turned in before Christmas Break. The complete Solo/Ensemble required music list can be found on the Winds and Concert Band pages. Symphonic Winds members are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to participate in either a solo or ensemble, in addition to our WW and Brass choirs. Concert Band members are also HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to participate in a solo or ensemble. A superior rating on a solo will help assure you a spot in Winds next year.
4. AWESOME rehearsal with Mr. Snyder on Wednesday. He had many nice things to say about our group, and assured us that we are on the right track. Let’s keep up the great work and make the second semester even better.
5. Be on the lookout for Contest MP3 files on the Winds and Concert Band pages this coming week.
6. Unfortunately, our website photo slideshow has kicked the bucket. All photos are still available on our Flickr Feed. We are working to find a new slideshow program for the website…please be patient.
7. For clarification, Field Commander auditions are open to all CURRENT sophomores and juniors (next year’s juniors and seniors). Please see Mr. Smith ASAP if you are interested in this leadership role for our Marching Band.
9. Dreading facing the Black Friday crowds this year? Stay home and PRACTICE!
8. Have a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving Break!