Coordinate Sheets for both Pre Game and Halftime are now available under the Marching Band page. Coordinate Sheets are sorted alphabetically by first name.
Please bring back your money/check and ticket stubs for the Ohio Lottery Fundraiser on Monday! Sally Emmert will be at practice to collect these items before rehearsal starts.
Perry Band Parents:
Interested in joining the band for a fun filled weekend on Ohio’s North Coast?? We are now accepting chaperones for the Kalahari trip. Chaperones will be roomed in sets of 2. Cost for each chaperone is $160! We would like to take around 10 chaperones. Please email Mr. Smith at Perryband@gmail.com if you are interested.
The final payment for the Kalahari trip is due on August 15th! Please send in your final payment via check (made to Perry Band Boosters) prior to this date. Reminder that the total cost of the trip is $160. If you need to know your balance, please see or email Mr. Smith.
If you have decided that you want to travel with us, it is not too late to sign up! See Mr. Smith ASAP.
As you may or may not be aware, football concessions are our largest fundraiser for the Band program. The bulk of our budget comes from this event, and goes directly towards purchasing items for the Perry Band program in order to provide your students with the finest band experience in the state!
We are in desperate need of volunteers to work the concession stands for home football games this season. Please contact Patti Boswell at 605-7102 to volunteer to help at a game, a few games, or all games! Without this fundraiser, we would be unable to sustain a great Perry Band!
Drill video for Get Off of My Cloud and Hey Jude are now available under the Marching Band link!
With the excessive heat that is forecast for tomorrow (Thursday), it is IMPORTANT that you use the following tips/advice for staying cool tomorrow:
1. Wear light colored, loose fitting clothing. Avoid the school color of black tomorrow!
2. Bring LOTS of H20 or a sports drink. We will give you plenty of water breaks!
3. Go to bed early tonight. A rested mind and body will make tomorrow much easier.
4. Use your water breaks to sit in the shade, not running around the parking lot.
5. Work hard in the morning! We will get you inside in the A/C as quickly as possible. But you need to show up on time, and ready to work at 9AM sharp.
6. Eat a light breakfast (cereal, fruit, etc). Eating a greasy breakfast is just as bad as no breakfast at all.
7. Hydrate TONIGHT! Drink plenty of fluids tonight, and you will be thankful tomorrow.
8. Keep up the outstanding work! The staff is very excited at the progress you have made during this week!
A friendly reminder that Marching Band rehearsals begin this Monday at 9AM. Please arrive early as we expect to begin at 9AM sharp! To be early is to be on time! To view the complete summer and fall schedule, please visit www.perryband.com
You will need your lyre/flip folder, music, tennis shoes, water,a very positive attitude, and sun screen. We will be outside most of the week and the forecast is looking sunny and hot. Stay hydrated and bring plenty of water or sports drink.
At this point, we plan to begin in the auditorium pending construction. Please be patient as the school is chaotic right now with all of the construction taking place!
Due to construction issues at the high school, we have changed the optional uniform pick up to July 25th from 6-7 PM. We apologize for any confusion.
A reminder that uniform fittings are this Monday and Tuesday from 6-8PM
Juniors & Seniors- Monday the 11th
Sophomores & Freshmen- Tuesday the 12th
Please remember to order your shoes!
Our first rehearsal begins on July 18th at 9AM! You need to have all of your music, in a flip folder, ready to rehearse at 9AM. We will meet in the Mattachione Theatre pending construction updates.