Drill video for the opener, Pinball Wizard, is now available online here or the Marching Band tab.
The 2011 Leadership Team Retreat/Canoe Trip is scheduled for July 14th! We will meet at the Bolivar Canoe Livery at 2:00PM for an 8.5 mile paddle down the Tuscarawas River, followed by a cookout. Please arrive no later than 2:00PM! You will need to bring $24 cash or check (payable to Perry Band Boosters) for the cost of the trip. (please note that this event is for members of the Leadership Team only)
You will need the following items for an enjoyable day:
Comfortable shoes (yes…this includes flip flops or sandals for once!)
A good attitude
Waterproof camera to take pictures of Mrs. Martin getting thrown into the river
A light snack/beverage
Following the canoe trip, we will have a cookout/dinner at the camp site. Parents will need to pick you up in Bolivar at 8:30PM.
Please RSVP yes or no to Mr. Smith at Perryband@gmail.com no later than July 3rd to let us know if you are going or not.
For directions to the Canoe Livery, visit the NTR website at: http://www.canoe-ohio.com/canoe.htm
With the start of Marching Band just around the corner, please read the following to make sure you are prepared!
1. Get outside! It’s never too early to start getting acclimated to the weather/sun. The more outdoor activity you do now, the easier those first summer rehearsals will be.
2. Bring water and stay hydrated! You are permitted to bring water jugs, bottles, Camel-Baks, etc to all rehearsals. Make sure these are filled with plenty of WATER to stay hydrated during rehearsals.
3. Block the sun! Bring sun glasses, hats, and plenty of sun screen. We will be spending hours in the sun…the more comfortable you make yourself, the better off you will be.
4. Tennis shoes! No flip flops or sandals at rehearsals. Your directors (and feet) will thank you.
5. Make sure you have all music in a flip folder with lyre. If you show up without a flip folder, you will not be marching. No exceptions.
6. Play your instrument! The more time you put in NOW, the more we will accomplish once rehearsal begins. Lost your music? Contact your section leader.
7. Get your band shoes ordered early so they will be here for pictures/HOF parade. We march in BLACK DRILLMASTER shoes for performances. These can be ordered at The Band Shoppe, or any other retailer you choose. Visit our “Supplies” link to shop for shoes!
8. Uniform fittings on July 11 and 12! Be there or be…..without a uniform.
9. Now is a great time to sign up for private lessons with one of our local pros! Visit the Lessons link to contact an instructor.
Seniors and Juniors will be July 11, 2011 from 6:00-8:00pm
Sophomores and Freshmen will be July 12, 2011 from 6:00-8:00pm
Optional night – July 27, 2011 from 6:00 to 7:00 pm (last chance!)
Section Leaders: You need to call each member of your section to remind them of this info!
If you are unable to come on the night you are assigned please come the other night. If you are unable to come on either the 11th or 12th there will be an optional night on July 27th (this will be your last chance to pick up uniforms before pictures!!!)
There will be a $40.00 uniform fee for students receiving a marching and concert uniform.
There will be a $15.00 uniform fee for students receiving only the concert band uniform.
Black Gloves will also be available for $3.00 a pair.
Please make checks payable to Perry Band Boosters.
If paying cash please have the correct change.
Please wear shorts and band shoes to try on uniforms.
Freshmen: You should order your Band shoes before July 15th in order to have then by the HOF parade. To order your shoes go to the Perry band web page at www.perryband.com scroll down to Supplies and click on The Band Shoppe then click on Marching Band Shoes then click on Drillmasters Band shoes. You will need to order black shoes.
Our closer for the British Invasion show, the 1812 Overture, is finished! Please download your part from the Marching Band link. An audio file (computerized) is also available for listening. Please keep in mind that no percussion parts are available yet, and the recording is played by a computer.
Leadership Team: Be sure to have enough copies printed for your entire section by July 18!
Drill writing has begun, and files/video will be added in the next few weeks.
1. Congrats to Leadership Team and Rookies on a productive Rookie Day! We’re looking forward to another GREAT Perry Band season!
2. Check the website weekly for any updates. We will inform you of upcoming events via email. Weekly Announcements will resume in July.
3. Have a great summer!
1. Last week of school! All instruments go home on Tuesday!
2. Second Kalahari payment of $50 is due this Tuesday.
3. Rookie Camp this Friday from 1:30-4:30. There will be a brief parent meeting for Rookies at 4:30.
4. Have a safe and relaxing summer! We will see you on July 18th!!
1. Congratulations to the 7th and 8th grade bands who both earned Superior ratings at Jr High Contest! A bright future for the Perry Bands!!
2. Marching Band recordings are now available under the Marching Band link.
3. Final Uniform turn in will be held this Tuesday from 6-7 PM. ALL uniforms must be turned in!
4. Rookie Camp will be held on May 27th, from 1:30 to 4:30PM. This is mandatory for all rookies and leadership team.
1. Outstanding performances by all of the bands at Jazz Night and Bands In The Round! Your dedication to quality music makes Perry proud!
2. Band Banquet is this Tuesday night! If you haven’t RSVP’d please contact Lisa Mayes IMMEDIATELY. Contact info is under the Booster tab.
3. Leadership Team meeting this Wednesday in the Band room immediately after school. If you are on the 2011-2012 Leadership Team, your attendance is expected.
4. Current juniors wishing to run for a band office must sign up on the sheets located in either band room by Monday afternoon. Voting will take place later this week.
5. Seniors must turn in all school owned instruments this MONDAY in the main band room. No exceptions!
6. Bring your marching instrument to school on Thursday! We will begin music rehearsals in the main band room.
7. Have a fun, but most importantly, SAFE prom weekend!
1. Congratulations again to all members of the Perry Symphonic Winds. Seniors will be asked to sign the back of our State plaque once it arrives. If the plaque does not arrive before you leave next week, stop by the Band office during Winds at any time before the end of the school year.
2. Busy week for the Perry Bands! Jazz Night will be this Wednesday at 7PM. Bands in the Round is this Thursday. We will need help setting up the gym this week! Winds and Concert Band students should arrive on Thursday no later than 6:30PM. All concert uniforms MUST be turned in before 6:30 on Thursday! Dress for BITR is NICE clothes. No jeans or tennis shoes!
3. We will be collecting all music from Winds on Monday. (except for Amparito and Flights). Please be sure you bring your folder with you!
4. There will be a Leadership Team meeting on Wednesday, May11th, at 2:30 PM in the HS Band Room. This is a mandatory meeting for all members of the 2011 Leadership Team.
5. Field Commander auditions will also take place next week. Details to come!
6. Remember to thank our seniors this week for an outstanding year and for helping us to continue building the Perry Bands into one of the best in the state!
7. Kalahari Payment 2 will be due BEFORE the last day of school. The June 1st deadline is no longer applicable due to the reduction of snow/make up days. Please have your second payment in promptly!