1. It’s hard to believe, but we are in the last week of Marching Band! Congrats on a great season and for taking the PHS Marching Band to a new level! I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of this organization and working with the outstanding students in the Perry Band program. We are already in the planning stages for next year, and there will be some very exciting events on the calendar for next season.
2. Leadership team essays are due by this Friday. If you would like to be considered for a leadership position for the 2011 season, please type a 1 page essay telling us why should be chosen. Leadership positions are open to all seniors and juniors.
3. Starting the week of November 1, we will begin sectional days for Winds and Concert Band. Winds will rehearse from 1:30-3:15 on Wednesdays, and Concert Band will rehearse on Thursdays from 1:30-3:15. Work out your scheduling conflicts early! These rehearsals are not optional.
4. All students in both concert bands will need to purchase a tuxedo shirt before the Palace Concert. Information on where to purchase these will be coming soon. A regular dress shirt is not an acceptable substitute…you will need a plain white “tuxedo” shirt.
5. We have had an AWESOME past two weeks during rehearsals. Keep up the focus and intensity, and you will continue to to get out early. The show for the Glenoak game will be: Don’t Stop, Get Down Tonight, Respect, and Gimme Some Lovin.
6. Should the Panthers make the playoffs, we will rehearse on Thursdays from 2:30-3:30. The show will change from week to week, but will consist of songs/drills from the entire season. We will know by this Saturday if we are headed to the playoffs.
7. PHS vs Glenoak: Arrive at 5:30 in the auditorium, busses will depart at 6:15. After we beat Glenoak, we should arrive back at PHS around 10:30/10:45.
8. Many new pictures have been added to the Flickr PhotoFeed. Check out some great shots of the PHS Marching Band (and the decoration of Mr. Welker’s car at the Jackson game) by clicking on the Flickr link on the main page!
9. The solo and ensemble required lists can be found on both the Symphonic Winds and Concert Band pages. All students are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to take a solo or ensemble to contest this year, especially if your goal is to make Winds next year. Start planning now, as the date will be here before you know it. If you know you want to be in a certain ensemble, and would like us to help you choose music, see us this week! All students who wish to take a class A solo or ensemble must be taking private lessons.
10. Winds/Concert Band auditions for 2011-2012 will be taking place in March. Why are we telling you this now? So you can start preparing for next year. Audition formats will be the same: A prepared etude provided by us, and a prepared excerpt that you pick, along with all 12 major scales. Don’t wait until the last minute to prepare.
Share on Facebook