The Palace Concert, which will involve all bands grades 6-12, is on December 21st. The sign at Pfeiffer is incorrect.
1. Palace Theatre tickets will go on sale this Monday, 11/22/2010. Tickets are $5 each and are general seating. Please send cash or check made payable to Perry Band Boosters. These tickets will sell out fast, so get your order in early!
2. Symphonic Winds rehearsal with Greg Snyder this Wednesday from 1:30 until 3:00.
3. Marching Band uniform turn in will be this Monday and Tuesday from 6-8PM. Please bring winter/summer jackets, pullovers, hats, berets, etc. Ladies need to turn in their Marching Band pants.
4. A reminder to all jazz students to turn in their Louisville payments ASAP.
5. If you were absent and didn’t get fitted for a NEW Marching Band uniform, please see staff ASAP to get this taken care of. Our new uniforms will be ordered next month!
6. All Winds/Concert Band students must purchase a white, wing collar tuxedo shirt. Don’t wait until the last minute!
7. Have a safe and relaxing 4 day weekend and Happy Thanksgiving!
The Malone College Jazz Ensemble will be presenting a concert on Thursday, December 9th at 7:30 PM in the Memorial Chapen at the Johnston Center for Fine Arts located at 2600 Cleveland Rd, Canton, OH. This event is free and open to the public.
Come out and support your fellow musicians in the Canton area! Bring back a concert program to earn extra credit for Winds, Concert Band, or Jazz Ensemble.
1. Marching Band Uniform turn in will be held on Monday, November 22, and Tuesday, November 23, from 6-8PM. Please turn in the following items: Winter & Summer jacket, Tuba Pullovers & Berets. All female students must also turn in their pants. Please go to the back of the school just as you did for uniform pick up.
2. I have majorette pictures from Senior Night. If you didn’t receive yours, please stop by my office to pick them up.
3. Next Wednesday will be our Symphonic Winds rehearsal with Greg Snyder, director of bands at Lakota West HS. Your attendance at this rehearsal is expected. For information on Mr. Snyder, please click here
1. Thanks to all members of Symphonic Winds for a great rehearsal on Wednesday with Mr. Holladay.
2. It’s official! The Perry High School Marching Band will be in brand new uniforms for the 2011-2012 season! Thank your Perry Band Boosters for all of their hard work in raising the funds necessary for this MAJOR purchase.
3. Any student interested in auditioning for Field Commander should see Mr. Smith on Monday. Auditions will take place in February-March. Students auditioning for Field Commander will be expected to:
a. Prepare two musical excerpts to conduct (excerpts can now be found on the Marching Band link)
b. Demonstrate correct marching fundamentals (glide step, lateral slides, attention, parade rest, etc.)
c. Attend the Phantom Regiment Field Commander camp which will take place in June. (details coming soon)
d. Be prepared to be a positive role model and leader for the Perry High School Marching Band
4. Reminder to purchase your Winds/Concert Band tuxedo shirt. The Palace Concert will be here before you know it.
5. Enjoy your 4 day break by spending a bit of time practicing and improving! B,E,A,D major scale tests for Symphonic Winds will begin on Monday.
Ohio Tuxedo on Whipple Ave (Next to Kinko’s) is offering white tuxedo shirts for $7.99 each! Take advantage of this great deal before they are gone! Be sure to mention you are with the Perry Band.
5132 Whipple Ave, Canton, OH 44718 (330)493-1113
1. Symphonic Winds rehearsal with Tom Holladay this Wednesday from 1:30-3:15. Mr. Holladay is the director of bands at Jackson High School, and has graciously offered to come in to share his expertise with our students. Your attendance and FOCUS are expected at this rehearsal.
2. All Symphonic Winds and Concert Band students must have a plain white “tuxedo” shirt as part of their concert attire. Be sure to purchase “winged” collar, not banded collar, so they will fit with our bow ties and uniform. You can find these shirts at many local tuxedo shops, www.uniformalwearhouse.com, or www.bandshoppe.com. Prices range from $11-$18. Shirts MUST be plain white, winged collar, plain buttons(no studs or cufflinks). Also, be sure to order/purchase a shirt with a 1/4 inch pleated front. No exceptions! A “regular” dress shirt will not work. You will need this shirt before December 21 for the Palace concert.
3. Perry Band Boosters will meet on Monday, 11/8 at 7PM. Our final Marching Band uniform presentation will be held this evening. Come check out the new uniform!
4. Remember to turn in Jazz Ensemble trip payments to Mr. Smith ASAP.
5. The Palace Concert is scheduled for December 21st. Tickets will go on sale next week. Order your tickets soon as we are expecting a packed house for this outstanding event. This year, we will showcase all Pfeiffer, Edison, and Perry High School Bands.
6. The Marching Band calendar for 2011-2012 is already being created. Check the calendar page for summer rehearsal, Kalahari trip info. In getting this info to you early, we hope to avoid any scheduling conflicts with summer vacations!
7. Leadership Team will be announced in December. Field Commander info coming soon!
8. No school Thursday or Friday! All instruments should go home Wednesday so you can practice. We’re making a list of who’s naughty and nice!
Amparito Roca has been added to the Winds page. We’ll be performing this march at District Contest, and will begin working on it in January. More updates coming soon.
The Uniform Turn in has been cancelled for tomorrow night due to circumstances beyond our control. We apologize for any hassle, and will update everyone when we have a time finalized.