Palace tickets are ready and will go on sale today. Tickets are $6 each and each student may purchase a max of 6. If you are writing a check, please make checks payable to the Perry Band Boosters.
• Congratulations on another Superior State Finals performance! It was a fantastic year and we’re proud of all of your hard work and dedication to your program. A big thank you to all of our parent volunteers who put so much effort into making our program successful!
• Palace Tickets are going on sale soon! Tickets will be $6, and each family may purchase up to six tickets.
• Friday vs. Hudson- Doors open at 5:45, warm up at 6:15PM. Bring YOUR raincoat. A reminder that you may not stuff jeans,sweats, etc under your uniform.
• Friday vs Glenoak- Doors open at 5:30PM, Senior speeches at 5:50PM, Warm up at 6:10. Dress for pregame is full uniform. Following pregame we will march back to the HS and you will change into your SCHOOL/PERFORMANCE appropriate outfit. Emphasis on SCHOOL/PERFORMANCE appropriate.
• Sunday OMEA State Marching Band Finals: Doors open at 8:15 AM, buses depart at 9:15 AM. It may be a bit chilly, so if you feel the need to wear a layer under your uniform, please remember that it must be a thin UnderArmour type material. No jeans, sweats, etc. We will stop at Tuttle Crossing Mall on the way home for a meal stop so you will need to bring some cash for the food court. Buses should arrive at PHS between 8 and 8:30PM.
• We have clinched a home playoff game. Our first playoff game will be Friday, November 8th at home. There will be no PHSMB practice after this week.
• Winds Wednesdays begin on November 6th.
• Jazz Ensemble begins on November 7th from 2:20-3:30PM.
• The 10th annual PHS Bands Mattress sale is fast approaching! Please help get the word out so we can have a successful sale. The more referrals you earn, the more $$$$$$ you get in your pocket! There are plenty of flyers in the band room. Just put your name on them and hand them out!
• No PHSMB rehearsal this Wednesday. We will be back to our normal schedule next week as we prepare for OMEA State Finals
• OMEA State Finals for the PHSMB will be on Sunday, November 3rd, in Dayton OH. Right now, we are scheduled to perform at 2:15PM. Plan on leaving between 8:30AM and 9AM and returning to PHS around 8PM. Details will come out as we get closer.
• Friday @ Lake- Doors open at 5PM, buses roll at 5:45PM
• We will almost certainly be in the OHSAA Football playoffs this year. Games will be on Friday night and locations will be determined the week of the game. As soon as we have information, we will get that out to you. There will be no marching band rehearsals following OMEA State Marching Band Finals.
• Jazz Ensemble rehearsals will begin the week after OMEA State Finals. Rehearsals will take place on Thursdays from 2:20ish until 3:30PM.
On October 26th, the Perry High School Band will be hosting our 10th annual Mattress Sale. The sale will take place from 10AM-5PM in the Aux. Gym at PHS. This event has raised thousands of dollars for us over the years, and we appreciate your support!
We are asking that each student find at least one referral to come in and check out the sale. This could be anyone from a neighbor, employer, or family. The more people who stop in, the more mattresses we might sell!
90% of our sales will come from referrals. We are asking families to find other families in need of a bed and refer them to our sale. You may be surprised how many people need a new mattress!
All mattresses are brand name and up to 50% off of retail. Layaway and delivery are available. Twin beds start at $199, Full $289, Queen $299, and King/CA King from $499.
In order to assist with our marketing campaign, we are asking parents to opt into our texting campaign by texting perry2019 to 484848.This is an easy way for us to forward information directly to you, which you can share with family and friends directly from your phone. You will only get 4texts max and then it will be deleted after the event.
• Congrats on another Superior rating this past weekend! There will be no rehearsal this Tuesday or Wednesday. Enjoy your time off before we start preparing for state.
• Friday vs Green- Doors open @ 5:45PM, warm up at 6:15. We will not be performing at halftime this week due to the Homecoming festivities. There will be no post game show this week as we will be running a post game on Senior Night.
• The annual Mattress Sale will be held on October 26th! Details coming soon!
As we approach the season for honor bands, we encourage any interested student to audition/apply to perform with one of Ohio’s many honor bands.
• The Ohio Band Director’s Conference Honor band is held at The University of Akron in December. For information regarding their honor band click here: https://www.uakron.edu/bands/obdc/honor-band/https://www.uakron.edu/bands/obdc/honor-band/
• The Ohio State University Honor Band will be held from January 17-19, and no audition is required to participate. You must be nominated by Mr. Smith by November 1st. If you are interested, please email Mr. Smith at Ryan.Smith@perrylocal.org
• Friday @ Hoover- Doors open at 5:15PM, buses roll at 6PM
• Saturday @ Marietta- Doors open at 7AM, buses roll at 7:45 AM. PHSMB performance at 11:30AM, awards at 12:15PM. We should arrive at PHS between 2:30 and 3:00PM
• Saturday’s competition is at Don Drumm Stadium, 600 Greene Street in Marietta. Please note that this is a different location than Marietta HS. Admission is $6.00
|11:15AM||Berne Union HS||A|
|12:00PM||Marietta HS||A (ratings only)|
• Friday @ Louisville- Doors open at 5PM, buses roll at 5:45
• Saturday @ Buckeye Invitational- Doors open at 11:45AM, buses roll at 12:45PM. Awards will be at 9:30PM following a performance by The Ohio State University Marching Band. We will return after midnight. Parents- Keep an eye on the Booster Remind and/or Facebook page for an ETA as we travel home. We will also try to have kids text you as we near PHS.
• Please eat before we depart on Saturday. You will also want to bring some cash for dinner in the stadium. (Concession stands will be open)
• Parents: Tickets for the event are $15.00 if purchased online, or $20.00 at the gate. A full schedule, ticket info, and parking maps can be found at: https://tbdbitl.osu.edu/events/buckeye-invitational-info. The Perry High School Marching Band will perform at 5PM. The first band performs at 10AM if you would like to make a day of the event. This is a great venue to watch bands from all over the state perform!