Due to the number of absences, we will be delaying the start of Jazz Band to Thursday after Thanksgiving Break. Sorry!
All members of Perry Symphonic Winds need to sign up for our Google Classroom. If you have already done this, please disregard this announcement. Here is the invite link:
Attached is a link to an online store where you can purchase Perry Band clothing & accessories. This is a fundraiser for the band program as a portion of each item sold will come back to our bands. Place your order through the online store by Dec. 1. Items will be available for pickup at Rego’s store 2-3 weeks later. Items are a great gift giving option for past, present & future Perry Band members. Thanks for your support!! 🎶🎵
The PHSMB will be performing at our first home playoff game on Friday, October 16th. The game will start at 7PM. Doors open at 6, warm up at 6:15.
Dress for the game will be: jeans, black Drillmasters, black socks, band tee shirt, and RAINCOAT.
Details on tickets will come from the main office and Athletic Department.
Auditions for our concert ensembles will begin on Monday. All students need to perform with their bell covers/face guards and bring your mask. Auditions will be held in one of the band rooms. You will be asked to perform a scale, chromatic scale, and the provided etude (see top post on perryband.com)
Monday: Flutes at 2:30, Clarinets at 3:30
Tuesday: Saxophones/Double reeds at 2:30, Trumpets/Horns at 3:30
Wednesday: Low Brass at 2:30
Thursday: Percussion TBD
Senior speeches for tonight have been postponed until our next home performance. Please report at “normal” Friday night times. Doors open at 6PM.
Congratulations to the following students for being accepted into the Canton Youth Symphony:
With no practice for marching band next Wednesday, tickets for our final regular season home game will be available for purchase after school on Tuesday. If you ride the bus, you should purchase your tickets on Tuesday during the school day.
• Gates to the stadium will open at 6PM. We have a few tickets available. If you need an extra, please have your student request one through Mr. Smith. No tickets will be given away at the gate.
• 7PM- The PHSMB will march into the stadium from the high school. Not only are we going to perform our shows for you, but we will try to give you a bit of Friday night flavor with our traditional march-in, yelling through the tunnel, etc. Feel free to make as much noise as you want as your Perry High School Marching Band enters the stadium. In a year of strangeness, we are looking forward to having some fun and a bit of normalcy. Let’s make a fun and positive atmosphere for our band members tomorrow night.
• After our entrance we will perform Pre-Game, recognition of seniors, and the National Anthem. Following Pre-Game and Senior recognition, we will perform our 2020 halftime show followed by our exit of the stadium.
• It is imperative that you wear a mask to this event. If you are uncomfortable wearing a mask, we are offering a live stream of the performance. The link for this will be available tomorrow, and we will share it via the band website.
• Doors for students will open at 6:15 PM. Warm up at 6:40. Dress for the evening is jeans, band shirt, band shoes.
• Seniors- please follow the timeline given to you by Mrs. Russell. If you want your uniform jacket for your individual picture, Mrs. Stuart will be available at 5:30 PM.