With no practice for marching band next Wednesday, tickets for our final regular season home game will be available for purchase after school on Tuesday. If you ride the bus, you should purchase your tickets on Tuesday during the school day.
• Gates to the stadium will open at 6PM. We have a few tickets available. If you need an extra, please have your student request one through Mr. Smith. No tickets will be given away at the gate.
• 7PM- The PHSMB will march into the stadium from the high school. Not only are we going to perform our shows for you, but we will try to give you a bit of Friday night flavor with our traditional march-in, yelling through the tunnel, etc. Feel free to make as much noise as you want as your Perry High School Marching Band enters the stadium. In a year of strangeness, we are looking forward to having some fun and a bit of normalcy. Let’s make a fun and positive atmosphere for our band members tomorrow night.
• After our entrance we will perform Pre-Game, recognition of seniors, and the National Anthem. Following Pre-Game and Senior recognition, we will perform our 2020 halftime show followed by our exit of the stadium.
• It is imperative that you wear a mask to this event. If you are uncomfortable wearing a mask, we are offering a live stream of the performance. The link for this will be available tomorrow, and we will share it via the band website.
• Doors for students will open at 6:15 PM. Warm up at 6:40. Dress for the evening is jeans, band shirt, band shoes.
• Seniors- please follow the timeline given to you by Mrs. Russell. If you want your uniform jacket for your individual picture, Mrs. Stuart will be available at 5:30 PM.
As we near the end of marching band season, it’s time to start looking ahead to our concert season. Our audition process will be different this year due to our timeline. Auditions will be held after school, in a one to one setting. Each student will come during their scheduled block, and audition individually for Mr. Smith, Mr. Sterling, and/or Mr. Good. We will have exact details in the following weeks.
• All students will be asked to perform 1-2 scales and 1 chromatic scale.
• All woodwind and brass students need to perform the required excerpt you were given last spring. You can click here to get a new copy
• Percussion excerpts will be distributed by Mr. Good
As is tradition, our band officers have designed a black tee shirt that is available for purchase. In normal years, this is what we wear under our uniforms. If you would like to purchase this shirt to have, please click the below link. Please note that this is not a performance shirt and shouldn’t be worn in place of your uniform shirt on Friday night!
On Friday, September 18th, the Perry High School Marching Band will be giving a special performance for all band parents/families. The performance will begin at 7PM, in the stadium, and will include recognition of our class of 2021. Please come and join us for an evening of music and fun!
• Senior tickets will be given tickets first. Each senior may request up to 4 tickets. Senior tickets will be distributed today after practice.
• After the seniors are taken care of, all band members may request up to 4 tickets on a first come/first served basis.
• After this Friday, all remaining tickets will be up for grabs on a first come/first served basis.
• All tickets are free. You must see Mr. Smith to request your tickets. I will not be taking email or phone reservations of tickets. All tickets must be requested in person.
• All spectators must adhere to social distancing and must wear a mask at all times while inside of the stadium.
The PHS athletic office will be open at 3:30 on Wednesday’s to sell tickets to band members. For now, each student may purchase up to three tickets. We are asking that you try to purchase your tickets to see your band member on or before Wednesday of each week. This will allow the athletic office to calculate attendance for game night.
We are happy to announce that our annual Band Senior Night will take place on Friday, September 18th at 7PM in the PHS Stadium. Parents and band families are invited to join us for a performance of our halftime and pre-game shows, as well as honoring our senior class.
For those that are unable to attend, we plan to live stream the performance.
Social distancing and masks will be required for this event.
More details will be coming as we plan this special evening. Please check the website frequently over the coming days for all of the info you will need.
With limits on crowd size, we will be limiting attendance to approx. 500 people. First priority will be given to senior parents who will accompany their senior on the field.
• Picture day is Thursday! Make sure you are in your 2020 Band tee shirt, and khakis. (We’re not concerned with your shoes for pictures…wear something comfortable)
• Pfeiffer 6th grade performance will be Friday during mods 17/18.
• Friday night: Doors open at 6:15, warm up at 6:20 in front of PHS. Try not to congregate in the building.
Dress for Friday night is: Band shirt, khaki shorts, band shoes, black ankle or know show socks
• Tickets for all home games can be bought at school by students. Each family may purchase 3 tickets. If you have any questions, please contact the athletic office.
• We are working on a plan for Senior Night, and I should have information this week.
President: Daniel Shamp
Vice President: Chloe Herncane
Secretary: Destiny Post
Treasurer: Jack Darnell
Historian: Faith Lynn