Congratulations to sophomore french horn player Abigail Burger for making the prestigious Ohio All State Band. Abigail was selected out of over 1000 student auditions for this honor, and will get the opportunity to perform in Columbus, Ohio for the Ohio Music Education Association’s State Conference. Abbey spent 2 weeks this past summer attending the Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp in Michigan.
• A friendly reminder that we have after school rehearsals this week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 2:45-4:45.
• Bring all concert instruments on Wednesday as both groups will be rehearsing on the first full day of school!
• Looking ahead to next week, we have Fair Show practice on Monday from 6-7PM and the Fair Show on Tuesday at 7PM. Exact times will be forthcoming.
• All music except the ballad and closer needs to be memorized by this Friday. Students who miss the deadline will lose 3rd quarter privileges, and eventually will lose their spot. Get your music checked off!
• We will be traveling to Pfeiffer this Friday to perform for the 6th grade. Please wear your 2017 Band shirt.
• Room list sign ups for the Disney trip will go up next week. If you are chaperoning and have a preference, please email your rooming request to Mr. Smith.
• Have a great first day back to school!
The Ohio Band Directors Conference Honor Band, held at the University of Akron in December, is a fantastic opportunity to play in a terrific ensemble. Please click here for information, schedule, and audition requirements. Every member of the Perry Bands should consider applying for this event.
- Make sure you are staying hydrated! While it’s not scorching hot, there is still plenty of sun. Keep drinking water and using sunscreen.
- HOF Eve: Please make sure you are drinking water or gatorade. Eat a light breakfast the morning of the parade. Try to avoid things like pancakes with a gallon of chocolate milk, etc that morning. However, you need to eat something!
- HOF Day: Doors open at 6:30AM, buses roll at 7AM. We “should” arrive back at PHS around noon, hopefully earlier.
- Pregame and La Pantera need to be checked off by this Friday.
Charts and Dot Sheets for the full show are now available on the Marching Band page.
• We are off to a great start! Keep working hard and get your music memorized. The faster you memorize, the easier the marching/drill is!
• Make sure you are drinking plenty of water not only at rehearsals, but also at home. As you are quickly learning, the PHSMB is an athletic activity. Prepare like an athlete.
• At the request of the vast majority of students in the PHSMB, the morning rehearsals during 2 a days week will be 7-11 AM. Even though the staff will be cranky, it does keep the kids out of the heat.
• Charts and dots for the opener are now online. Dots will be updated as we go along. It’s a good idea for leadership team members to download copies of the charts so you can you help set forms.
• We have zero information on the HOF parade. Once we know times we will share that information. At this point in time, plan on departing PHS around 6:45AM and returning a bit before noon.
• Many sections have get togethers the night before the parade. Please remember that you are performing in a lengthy parade the following morning. Eating entire pizzas and drinking a gallon of chocolate milk will not help you perform well. Please eat appropriately, and eat a “light” breakfast the morning of the parade. It is also important that you sleep.
• Marching Band pictures will take place Friday evening before the parade in the stadium. We will have order forms for you when James Woods Photography gets them to us early next week.
Your last opportunity to get fitted for a uniform is this coming Monday from 5:30PM-6:30PM. If you do not have a uniform by this date, you will not be marching in the parade and you will lose 3rd quarter privileges.
Perry Local is offering free summer breakfast and lunch to anyone 18 and under! Meals are served at Genoa Elementary from 7-8 AM and 11:30AM-1PM. Feel free to stop in after rehearsals for a free lunch! Be sure to say thank you!