Tickets for the annual Palace concert are now on sale. Tickets are $6.00 each, payable by cash or check (made to Perry Band Boosters). Don’t wait until the last minute as this concert WILL sell out quickly!
• Doors will be open at 4:30 PM, buses will roll at 5:20
• We “should” be home by 11 or 11:30 PM, depending on the length of the game. It’s hard to give an exact time.
• Bring raincoats
• A reminder that jeans, sweats, etc are not to be worn under the uniform. You may wear a layer of UnderArmour type material. No exceptions.
• The PHSMB will be performing at 2:15 in Dayton Welcome Stadium
• Maps, pricing, and other details can be found at http://www.omeasmbf.org/
|12:30 PM||C||Arcanum HS|
|12:45 PM||B||Bloom Carroll HS|
|1:00 PM||B||Meigs HS|
|1:15 PM||B||Perkins HS|
|1:30 PM||B||Milton-Union HS|
|1:45 PM||B||Chesapeake HS|
|2:00 PM||A||Newton HS|
|2:15 PM||AA||Perry HS|
• Doors for Friday’s football game vs Glenoak will open at 5:00PM. Senior speeches at 5:45, warmup at 6:15PM. Following pregame we will march back to the HS for you to change.
• Sunday OMEA State Marching Band Finals: Doors open at 8:15, buses depart at 9AM. It may be a bit chilly, so if you feel the need to wear a layer under your uniform, please remember that it must be a thin UnderArmour type material. No jeans, sweats, etc.
The Disney page has been updated with new files. Please read them by clicking on the Disney page on www.perryband.com
• Regular rehearsal schedule this week. Count on going the full time, but if we have productive rehearsals you may be done early.
• We will have a detailed state finals day schedule for you once we know warm-up times, etc. For now, plan on a 9AM departure. We will not be stopping to eat on the way down, so eat a good breakfast. We will stop at Tuttle Crossing Mall on the way home for dinner.
• The Florida trip is less than 2 months away!! There will be a required trip meeting on Thursday, November 16th, at 6PM in the PHS Cafeteria. Please plan to bring at least one parent to this meeting as we will be discussing expectations and guidelines for the trip. This is not optional. In addition, please review the trip itinerary and letter posted on the band website. We have very high behavior expectations for a trip like this.
• Please continue checking the Disney page on our website. Information regarding packing, behavior expectations will be posted there over the coming weeks.
• Thought the regular season is not over, plan on a game next Friday evening in Lakewood, OH or Cleveland, OH. Details will be available next Monday.
If you are interested in purchasing a 2017 OMEA State Marching Band Finals tee shirt or hoodie, these can be pre-ordered through the online OMEA store. There is a small window to order as the store closes this Sunday night at 11:55pm. Ordering online will guarantee your style and size. Orders will be packaged and handed out when we return to the HS after state finals. You also have the option to purchase your shirts the day of state finals at Welcome Stadium, but time will be limited since we perform at the end of our block.
The link to online order is: http://www.myfanstand.com/Showroom/omeaperryhs/506887
• Congratulations on an incredible competition season! It’s been an awesome year so far, so let’s keep our momentum heading into State Finals and concert season!
• Jazz Ensemble will be performing at the Senior Citizen Luncheon next Wednesday. Dress is all black.
• State Finals info will be coming soon. As of today, plan on an 8:30AM departure with a return in the evening. We will be performing at Dayton Welcome Stadium on Sunday, October 29th.
• There will be a required Disney Trip meeting in November. We will have the date, time, and location nailed down this week and pass that info along.
• The last regular season game is next Friday. Plan on an away playoff game for Friday, November 3rd. If this changes, we will let you know. There will be NO marching band rehearsals for the playoffs.
• Disney Band: Those going to Disney will have rehearsal on Thursdays, from 2:30-3:00. These will begin on November 16th. This will involve light parade marching, weather permitting.
• Glenoak Game: Students are permitted to wear Halloween costumes during halftime for the Glenoak game. There are some rules/guidelines:
- You must be able to play and march as well as you would in regular uniform.
- Costumes must be school appropriate, and not offensive.
- You must be able to change quickly after pre-game.
• Friday vs McKinley: Doors open at 5:30PM, Warmup at 6:15. Seniors and parents should meet on the front steps, in uniform, at 5:45PM for photos.
• Band Halloween Party: There will be a PHSMB Halloween Party on November 4th in the Basement of Sippo’s Exploration Gateway/Library. Details to come!
• Presale tickets are available online un Wednesday, 10/11/17 by visiting https://tbdbitl.osu.edu/store/buckeye-invitational-presale-tickets
• Parents/family/friends who wish to make a day of it, the first band of the day performs at 10AM.
• Performing bands in our time block
|Marysville HS||AA||6:45 PM|
|Lakota West HS||AA||7:00 PM|
|Central Crossing HS||AA||7:15 PM|
|Beavercreek HS||AA||7:30 PM|
|Perry HS||AA||7:45 PM|
|Brunswick HS||AA||8:00 PM|
|Grove City HS||AA||8:15 PM|
|Pickerington North HS||AA||8:30 PM|
|OSU Marching Band||8:45 PM|
• Friday- doors open at 5PM, depart at 5:45PM
• Saturday- doors open at 2PM, depart at 3:45PM. Perry performs at 7:45PM, awards at 9:15PM. Plan to arrive home around midnight.
• We are currently scheduled to perform at OMEA State Finals on Sunday in Dayton at 2:15PM. Details coming soon!