Attention seniors: Please get a current and 1 baby picture to Mrs. Modlin no later than March 16th for the senior slideshow
1. Field Commander Auditions will take place on Thursday, April 12 , beginning at
2:30PM. Each candidate will have a 10 minute audition slot. (sign up sheets will
be available at a later date)
2. Please prepare the score/music. Music and recordings can be found on the Marching Band page. Be sure to include cues, countoff, any dynamics you wish to show, and a proper cutoff.
3. In addition to conducting, you will be asked demonstrate an attention
command and count offs in 2/4, 3/4, and 4/4. You will also be asked to
demonstrate correct marching fundamentals: glide step and mark time.
4. Your attitude, attendance, leadership skills, and behavior are all factored into
your audition. In order to be a field commander, you must be able to be a
positive leader and role model for the Marching Band and all students in it.
5. If chosen to be a field commander, you must attend the Phantom Regiment
Drum Major Camp at The University of Akron. This will be held from June 21-24. Your attendance at the leadership retreat is also expected. Camp information can be found at: www.regiment.org/camps/drum-major- camp/
Spring break is just around the corner! And so are auditions!! Information regarding auditions for the 2018-2019 Perry Bands can be found outside of the band office, or by clicking the link below. Percussion students can receive their audition music from the band office as it is not in the music file below. All students, with the exception of percussion, must fulfill the scale requirements and prepare the enclosed excerpts with approx 30 measures of a piece of your choosing. All percussion students must fulfill the scale requirements and prepare the enclosed excerpts.
Monday, Pre-District concert in the aux. gym at 7:00 PM. All band members be ready to go by 6:30 PM.
Friday, District Contest at John Glenn HS-
Concert Band- Arrive at PHS no later than 5:00pm, buses roll at 5:15PM, performance at 7:45PM. You should arrive back at PHS around 10PM.
Symphonic Winds- Arrive at PHS no later than 7:15PM, buses roll at 7:30PM, performance at 10:10PM. You should arrive back at PHS around 12:30AM.
Concert uniform for both events.
Mrs. Carpenter will be here on Thursday during band to return pants to any gentleman who needs them for next week. Make sure you check to ensure that you have your concert pants!
• Symphonic Winds will be traveling to the University of Akron next Wednesday, February 14th. The concert will be at 6:30 PM in EJ Thomas hall, and is free and open to the public. Parents are highly encouraged to attend.
Schedule for the day:
6:45AM- Load buses at PHS
8:15AM- Clinic session with Dr. Sedatole- director of bands, Michigan State University
9:45AM- Observe clinic session for Massillon Washington HS
11:15AM- Observe clinic session for Nordonia HS
12:30PM- Lunch at Rob’s Dining Hall (on campus)
1:45PM- Clinic sessions by instrument with UA faculty
3:15PM- UA Symphonic Band and Concert Band performance
4:15PM- Rehearsal with HS brass and UA Symphonic Band
5:00PM- Dinner at the Student Union (bring cash)
6:00PM- Change into concert uniform
6:30PM- Concert at EJ Thomas Hall- UA Concert Band, Massillon HS, Nordonia HS, Perry HS, then Symphonic Band
9:00PM- Arrive at PHS
Dress for the day- Nice clothes.
Concert uniform for the evening concert.
• Jazz Ensemble will perform at Edison on Thursday, February 22nd at 7PM
• The Band Dance is approaching! RSVP’s are located on the bulletin board in the main band room. Please include $10 for each band member and $15 for each non band member guest. Make checks payable to Perry Band Boosters. Please have RSVP’s turned in no later than February 8th. You can turn your RSVP in to Amber Modlin, Collin Goff, or Kelsey McKay.
• If you are interested in applying for the 2018 Marching Band Leadership Team, please submit a 1 page essay detailing why you think you should be chosen for the Leadership Team. A well written application essay should include: what band means to you, what makes for a good leader, and why you think you are a good leader.
In addition to your letter, your attendance, marching/playing ability, and attitude will be taken into consideration. If you plan to audition for Field Commander, you must submit a leadership essay. Please note in your essay that you want to be considered for Field Commander.
Letters are due no later than Monday, February 12th.
• On February 14th, the Perry Symphonic Winds will travel to Akron to perform at The University of Akron Band Clinic. This will be an all day event filled with clinic sessions, master classes, and an evening concert at EJ Thomas Hall. A detailed schedule will be available soon. Be sure to let your teachers know that you will be missing that day of school.
• The summer marching band schedule is now available online. Summer dates will not change. The full fall schedule will be available at a later date.
The solo and ensemble schedule is posted in the main band room. Extra copies of the schedule can be found in the wall files outside of the band office.
Please arrive at Massillon HS no later than 30 minutes before your event. Our homeroom/warmup room is A213. We are looking for a few parent volunteers who are willing to sit in the homeroom to chaperone. We need a parent from 8AM-Noon and Noon-4PM.
All scores must be numbered and given to your judge prior to your performance.
It’s here! The PHSMB departs at noon for Orlando, FL!!
• Please refer to the Perry High School Bands Facebook page or the Perry Band Boosters Facebook page for updates while we are gone. This website will not be updated during the trip.
• A text blast/Facebook update will be sent out when we reach Marietta, OH on Thursday. Please plan on our arrival approx. 2 hours after we hit Marietta. Students will also be asked to text you directly. PLEASE be prompt in picking up your students on Thursday afternoon/evening.