Our 2018 Field Commanders (Holly Casto, Hannah Flagg, Toree Fogle, and Elizabeth Sailer) had a great weekend at the Phantom Regiment Field Drum Major Camp. They are fired up and ready to go for the 2018 PHSMB season!
Hayli was received the Outstanding Achievement Award from the Fred J Miller Flag Camp this past week, held at Walsh University. Haylie will now be eligible for a $1000 scholarship from Fred J. Miller. Congratulations Hayli!
• Please note that we have added the Perry Community Parade to our calendar. The parade will be on September 15th. Details will follow as we get closer to that date, but plan on the usual- Line up at 10:30 AM, done by noon.
• A reminder to get your Cedar Point trip payment in!
Information and payment policies for the September 22-23 Cedar Point trip are now available on the Marching Band page.
Rookie Camp will be Thursday, May 31st, from 8:30AM-11:00AM. Leadership Team will meet in the band room at 8:15AM.
All files for the 2018 Marching Band Show “Arabian Nights” are now available on the Marching Band page.
Students who are applying for the 2019 OMEA All State Band or Orchestra:
To begin the application process, visit https://app.getacceptd.com/omea
You will need the following information from Mr. Smith:
Contact info- Ryan Smith, Perry High School, 3737 13th St SW, Massillon, OH 44646 (330)477-3486
Mr. Smith’s OMEA/MENC ID Number- Email Mr. Smith for this info ASAP and he will send it to you via email.
A reminder that all applications must be submitted by May 31st. If you have not scheduled your recording with Mr. Smith, you need to do this immediately. If you have made other arrangements to record, you are good to go!
• Bring your marching instruments to school on Tuesday. The parts are in! We will collect concert instruments tomorrow from those who need to turn them in.
• Leadership Team: Meet at The Escape Room Downtown on Thursday at 4:45 PM. If you haven’t turned your money in, this needs taken care of ASAP. 203 Market Ave S. #200, Canton, OH
• Congratulations to our 2018 Band Officers:
President- Hannah Flagg
Vice President- Zack White
Secretary- Nichole Rimboiu
Treasurer- Preston Blakeslee
Historian- James Condo
Students should be in seats for Bands In The Round no later than 6:15 PM on Thursday evening.
• Congratulations to both the Symphonic Winds and Concert Band for earning Superior ratings this weekend at OMEA State Contest!
• Bands In The Round is this Thursday at 7PM! Dress will be “nice” clothes. All band members should be in their seats no later than 6:15 PM. Tickets will be sold at the door for $6.00
• Percussion Ensemble Concert is Wednesday evening at 7:00 PM.
• Leadership Team- Our leadership retreat this year will be on May 17th from 5-6:30 PM. We will meet at The Escape Room Downtown at 4:45 PM. Cost for the event is $12 per student. Please turn this in to Mr. Smith ASAP. More details to come!