All Concert Band uniforms will be turned in Saturday immediately following contest. Please have your jackets, skirts, and pants ready to turn in when you return to PHS. There will be no exceptions made as everything is going to the cleaners on Monday.
• Pre State Concert is tonight at 7PM! All band members should be in their seats by 6:45PM.
• Winds bus times have been push back due to a schedule change. Buses will depart PHS at 8:30PM, we will perform at 10:30 PM. Expect a late return.
• Band scholarships are due! If you haven’t already, you can download information on the Booster tab of Perryband.com
• This is a busy week! Let’s focus and perform our best on Monday, Friday, and Saturday and have a great finish to our performance season!
Perry Symphonic Winds- Friday, April 27th: Doors open at 7:30 PM, buses roll at 8:00 PM. We will perform at 10:05 PM at Glenoak HS.
Perry Concert Band- Saturday, April 28th: Doors open at 7:45 AM, buses roll at 8:15 AM. We will perform at 10:20 AM at Glenoak HS.
Help support the Perry Bands and your business/student by purchasing an ad in our program for Bands In The Round. Just download the attached flier and follow the instructions!
Attention seniors: Please get a current and 1 baby picture to Mrs. Modlin no later than March 16th for the senior slideshow
1. Field Commander Auditions will take place on Thursday, April 12 , beginning at
2:30PM. Each candidate will have a 10 minute audition slot. (sign up sheets will
be available at a later date)
2. Please prepare the score/music. Music and recordings can be found on the Marching Band page. Be sure to include cues, countoff, any dynamics you wish to show, and a proper cutoff.
3. In addition to conducting, you will be asked demonstrate an attention
command and count offs in 2/4, 3/4, and 4/4. You will also be asked to
demonstrate correct marching fundamentals: glide step and mark time.
4. Your attitude, attendance, leadership skills, and behavior are all factored into
your audition. In order to be a field commander, you must be able to be a
positive leader and role model for the Marching Band and all students in it.
5. If chosen to be a field commander, you must attend the Phantom Regiment
Drum Major Camp at The University of Akron. This will be held from June 21-24. Your attendance at the leadership retreat is also expected. Camp information can be found at: www.regiment.org/camps/drum-major- camp/
Spring break is just around the corner! And so are auditions!! Information regarding auditions for the 2018-2019 Perry Bands can be found outside of the band office, or by clicking the link below. Percussion students can receive their audition music from the band office as it is not in the music file below. All students, with the exception of percussion, must fulfill the scale requirements and prepare the enclosed excerpts with approx 30 measures of a piece of your choosing. All percussion students must fulfill the scale requirements and prepare the enclosed excerpts.
Monday, Pre-District concert in the aux. gym at 7:00 PM. All band members be ready to go by 6:30 PM.
Friday, District Contest at John Glenn HS-
Concert Band- Arrive at PHS no later than 5:00pm, buses roll at 5:15PM, performance at 7:45PM. You should arrive back at PHS around 10PM.
Symphonic Winds- Arrive at PHS no later than 7:15PM, buses roll at 7:30PM, performance at 10:10PM. You should arrive back at PHS around 12:30AM.
Concert uniform for both events.
Mrs. Carpenter will be here on Thursday during band to return pants to any gentleman who needs them for next week. Make sure you check to ensure that you have your concert pants!