As most of you are aware, the Perry High School Marching Band will be outfitted with new uniforms for the 2011-2012 season. However, we have 200 “old” uniforms to get rid of! The Perry Band Boosters are turning the old uniforms into keepsake pillows. Please see the attached order form for more info!
1. There is still time to purchase Scotch Doubles tickets! Information is on the Perry Band website and tickets can be purchased from Mrs. Martin or Mr. Smith.
2. The first day to turn in orders for the magazine fundraiser is Thursday. Please refer to your information packet for future dates to turn in your orders!
If you are interested in auditioning for the 2011-2012 PHS Jazz Ensemble, see Mr. Smith ASAP for audition material.
Also, check out this YouTube link of the audition music played by Clifford Brown:
1. Solo and Ensemble is fast approaching! Be sure you have lined up your accompanist and are busy preparing your solo/ensemble. If you need help, we will be happy to work with you after school.
2. It’s not too late to sign up for the Booster Bowling Night Fundraiser! This is a great way to fundraise for the Band program without selling anything. Visit the scroller on the homepage for more info. Tickets are available from Mr. Smith or the Band Booster president.
3. The OMEA All State Band takes place this week. Two of our Perry students, Matt Lunsford and Claire Kendig, will be representing our bands in this prestigious event. We are very proud of their talents and hard work.
4. Any student interested in auditioning for the Jazz Ensemble for 2011-2012 should see Mr. Smith ASAP for audition information. Enrollment in this class is by audition only.
5. Winds/Concert Band auditions will be held in late March. You should be preparing a piece of your choosing for this audition, along with major scales. We will provide you with an excerpt later this month, in addition to your prepared piece.
6. The Marching Band schedule for next year will be coming soon! Pencil the date for our Kalahari/Cedar Point trip as October 15/16! We will be leaving Saturday morning and travelling to Sandusky, OH for our stay at Kalahari, followed by a performance at the Perkins High School “Northcoast Band” Competition. Sunday will be spent at Cedar Point, followed by a parade in the park before we return home.
7. Information on The Buckeye Invitational at Ohio Stadium will be available soon.
8. The 2011 Leadership Retreat will tentatively be held on July 14th. This will be a canoe trip on the Tusc. River, followed by an overnight stay at the NTR Campground. More info coming soon. Parents interested in chaperoning/cooking a meal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7th and 8th Grade Band song files have now been added to the website. Look for the tab under “Bands” that says Pfeiffer/Edison Bands.
INTERNET EXPLORER USERS: There is a compatibility issue with our menu layout and Internet Explorer. You can access the various pages by looking in the right sidebar and scrolling down to “Pages”.
1. Thanks to those students who participated in the Pep Band this past Friday. We heard many positive comments from community and school board members. We appreciate all that you do for the Perry Bands.
2. We have been asked to have a Pep Band at all remaining home basketball games. A sign up sheet will be posted in the main band room on Tuesday. We will be offering 2 hours of community service for each game attended.
3. Scotch Doubles Night at HOF Lanes is February 5th. Parents and students are encouraged to attend this evening of fun! Please see Mr. Smith for tickets!
4. Jazz Band minor scales test begins on Tuesday.
5. Plans are underway for Marching Band. The schedule, including Rookie Camp, will be updated soon with all dates. It will be an exciting year for the Perry Bands as we keep getting better and better.
1. The Perry Band Boosters are hosting a Scotch Doubles Night on Saturday, February 5, at the AMF Hall of Fame Lanes. Tickets are $25 per couple and are open to anyone who wishes to participate. The cost includes shoes, bowling door prizes, food, and fun! Please see the Perry Band website for more information and to download the flier ! All proceeds will benefit the Perry Band Program.
2. Playoffs for Monday are as follows: 6th grade band: Lip Slurs 1-3, and Yankee Doodle; 7th grade band: C concert scale and p.19 #1.
3. Great rehearsals this week. All of you are working very hard and we are very proud of your accomplishments. Keep practicing!
1. Tickets for the Perry Band Scotch Doubles Night are available from Mr. Smith. Please get your orders in early for this evening of fun and bowling. Tickets are $25 per couple, and are open to anyone who wants to participate. Cost includes shoes, bowling, door prizes, food, and fun! Please see the announcements page for a copy of the flier with info! Not only will this event be hours of fun, but the proceeds will directly benefit the Perry Band!
2. Solo and Ensemble money is due this week! Solos are $15 and Ensembles are $20. Please make checks payable to Perry Band Boosters. Ensemble members should turn money into your group leader, and group leaders should turn in ONE check for your ensemble. Woodwind and Brass Choirs are at no charge to students.
3. We will be putting together a Pep Band to perform at the Perry Basketball game THIS COMING FRIDAY. We need your support at this event! We will meet at 6PM for a quick rehearsal before the game. Please bring any flip folders/marching band music you have from this past season. We will play what we can work up in our brief rehearsal. Dress will be normal clothes (but try to show your Perry Pride!). I can not stress enough how much we need your participation at this event. Please see Mr. Smith or Mrs. Martin if you are able to participate.
4. GREAT rehearsals by all 3 bands to finish out the week! We are all so proud of what you have accomplished so far this year. Now it’s time to put the pedal to the floor and get even better for contest.
1. When we return from break on Monday, we will be collecting music from the Palace Concert. Make sure EACH member brings his/her music to rehearsal on Monday.
2. We will take any last minute solo/ensemble forms next week. Please remember to fill in what class your solo is. Many solos are repeated on different class lists, with different movements. Also, YOU MUST BE TAKING PRIVATE LESSONS IN ORDER TO TAKE A CLASS A SOLO. No exceptions!
3. Enjoy the rest of your break!