The Pre State Preview Concert will be held on April 27th, not August 27th.
1. Congratulations to both ensembles this weekend at OMEA District Contest! Both groups played VERY well, and we are proud of each and every one of you. Concert Band earned a rating of “Excellent” and was only 1 point away from qualifying for State Finals! Symphonic Winds earned a perfect score, and will be performing at State Finals on April 29th. A state “preview” concert will be held on April 27th in the Mattchione Theatre. We couldn’t be more proud of your tremendous accomplishments this year as we continue to be Good, Better, Best.
2. Musical rehearsals begin this Monday at 6PM.
3. Winds rehearsal from 1:30-3:15 this Wednesday.
4. Auditions are only 2 short weeks away. Be working on showing us your best.
5. Excellent job showing your school spirit Friday evening with the decoration of Mrs. Martin’s car!
1. Pre Contest Concert this Monday @ 7:oo PM. Both bands should arrive around 6:15. Winds will take pictures in the Gym at 6:30, followed by Concert Band.
2. District Contest is this Friday at Lake HS. Symphonic Winds will depart PHS at 3:30 and perform at 5:30. Concert Band will depart PHS at 5:30 and perform at 7:30. There are NO excused absences for this important event.
3. Auditions for 2011-2012 Winds/Concert band will begin in 3 weeks! Be sure to prepare excerpts from the audition packet, and also 20-40 measures of a piece of your choosing.
4. Any student who is selected for the 2012 OMEA All State Band will automatically be in Symphonic Winds. Remember, you won’t make it if you don’t try out! Click here to download an All State Application Packet.
The Band Booster meeting scheduled for March 14th, will be held immediately following the Pre Contest Concert.
1. Pre Contest Concert is just 1 week away! Dress for Monday night’s performance will be concert uniforms. Symphonic Winds should be in the gym at 6:15 for pictures, Concert Band at 6:30. Performance will begin at 7PM and will finish before 8.
2. District Contest will take place on Friday, March 18th, at Lake HS.
Symphonic Winds: Depart PHS at 3:30PM/Perform at 5:30PM, return to PHS around 7
Concert Band: Depart PHS at 5:30PM/Perform at 7:30PM, return around 9:30
3. Audition materials have been passed out and posted to the website. Start preparing now so you are happy with the results!
Here is a clip of Jack Stamp, famous composer and conductor, giving a lecture about the importance of music in our schools.
1. Congratulations to the PHS Jazz Ensemble for an outstanding performance at the University of Louisville Jazz Festival. All 3 judges were VERY impressed with your performance. Also, congrats to John Thompson, Steven Turner, and Nathan Clapper for receiving Outstanding Performer awards!
2. Jazz Ensemble page has been updated with 2 new tunes for April/May performances: Told You Twice, and You Dig?.
3. Winds/Concert audition materials will be available this week.
4. Winds will rehearse this THURSDAY with Mr. Jeff Shellhammer. Your attendance at this important rehearsal is expected.
5. Performance times for District contest will be available later this week. Don’t forget, we have a concert the Monday before contest at 7PM!