Our uniform crew will be at PHS this Tuesday from 6PM-7PM. If you have not turned in your Marching Band uniform, this needs to be done immediately. Also, if you need a concert uniform, please pick this up Tuesday. If you do not have a concert uniform by Tuesday, you will NOT be performing at the Palace.
1. There will be no after school rehearsal for Symphonic Winds this Wednesday. Concert Band will rehearse instead. Concert Band will NOT rehearse after school on Thursday.
2. Solo and Ensemble forms are due by December 17th. You need to fill out ONE form for your ensemble with all group members listed, and one form if you are taking a solo. Do not fill out forms for Woodwind and Brass Choirs. Participation at this event is HIGHLY encouraged.
3. MP3’s for next years show should be coming soon. Our show will be “British Invasion”, and based on music from The Who and The Beatles.
4. If for some reason you do not have a concert uniform, please see Mr. Smith or Mrs. Martin ASAP.
Soloist files for Backbone and Aurora are now available on the Jazz Ensemble page. Files are in m4a format. If you have any troubles playing the files, please contact me ASAP and I will update them to MP3 versions.
Trombone solo file is also available for Backbone. Please email me and I will send you the PDF version of the written trombone solo.
1. The Palace Concert is just around the corner! All Winds and Concert Band members MUST HAVE A TUXEDO SHIRT for their concert uniform. Please purchase a plain white, winged collar tux shirt. Ohio Tuxedo is offering a GREAT deal on tux shirts.
2. Palace Tickets are going fast! Please be sure to get your tickets before we sell out. Tickets are $5 each, payable in cash or check made out to Perry Band Boosters. See any of the Band staff for tickets.
3. Solo and Ensemble forms will be made available this week. Please be sure to know the title of your composition, song code, group name, etc. Forms must be turned in before Christmas Break. The complete Solo/Ensemble required music list can be found on the Winds and Concert Band pages. Symphonic Winds members are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to participate in either a solo or ensemble, in addition to our WW and Brass choirs. Concert Band members are also HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to participate in a solo or ensemble. A superior rating on a solo will help assure you a spot in Winds next year.
4. AWESOME rehearsal with Mr. Snyder on Wednesday. He had many nice things to say about our group, and assured us that we are on the right track. Let’s keep up the great work and make the second semester even better.
5. Be on the lookout for Contest MP3 files on the Winds and Concert Band pages this coming week.
6. Unfortunately, our website photo slideshow has kicked the bucket. All photos are still available on our Flickr Feed. We are working to find a new slideshow program for the website…please be patient.
7. For clarification, Field Commander auditions are open to all CURRENT sophomores and juniors (next year’s juniors and seniors). Please see Mr. Smith ASAP if you are interested in this leadership role for our Marching Band.
9. Dreading facing the Black Friday crowds this year? Stay home and PRACTICE!
8. Have a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving Break!
The Palace Concert, which will involve all bands grades 6-12, is on December 21st. The sign at Pfeiffer is incorrect.
1. Palace Theatre tickets will go on sale this Monday, 11/22/2010. Tickets are $5 each and are general seating. Please send cash or check made payable to Perry Band Boosters. These tickets will sell out fast, so get your order in early!
2. Symphonic Winds rehearsal with Greg Snyder this Wednesday from 1:30 until 3:00.
3. Marching Band uniform turn in will be this Monday and Tuesday from 6-8PM. Please bring winter/summer jackets, pullovers, hats, berets, etc. Ladies need to turn in their Marching Band pants.
4. A reminder to all jazz students to turn in their Louisville payments ASAP.
5. If you were absent and didn’t get fitted for a NEW Marching Band uniform, please see staff ASAP to get this taken care of. Our new uniforms will be ordered next month!
6. All Winds/Concert Band students must purchase a white, wing collar tuxedo shirt. Don’t wait until the last minute!
7. Have a safe and relaxing 4 day weekend and Happy Thanksgiving!
The Malone College Jazz Ensemble will be presenting a concert on Thursday, December 9th at 7:30 PM in the Memorial Chapen at the Johnston Center for Fine Arts located at 2600 Cleveland Rd, Canton, OH. This event is free and open to the public.
Come out and support your fellow musicians in the Canton area! Bring back a concert program to earn extra credit for Winds, Concert Band, or Jazz Ensemble.
1. Marching Band Uniform turn in will be held on Monday, November 22, and Tuesday, November 23, from 6-8PM. Please turn in the following items: Winter & Summer jacket, Tuba Pullovers & Berets. All female students must also turn in their pants. Please go to the back of the school just as you did for uniform pick up.
2. I have majorette pictures from Senior Night. If you didn’t receive yours, please stop by my office to pick them up.
3. Next Wednesday will be our Symphonic Winds rehearsal with Greg Snyder, director of bands at Lakota West HS. Your attendance at this rehearsal is expected. For information on Mr. Snyder, please click here
1. Thanks to all members of Symphonic Winds for a great rehearsal on Wednesday with Mr. Holladay.
2. It’s official! The Perry High School Marching Band will be in brand new uniforms for the 2011-2012 season! Thank your Perry Band Boosters for all of their hard work in raising the funds necessary for this MAJOR purchase.
3. Any student interested in auditioning for Field Commander should see Mr. Smith on Monday. Auditions will take place in February-March. Students auditioning for Field Commander will be expected to:
a. Prepare two musical excerpts to conduct (excerpts can now be found on the Marching Band link)
b. Demonstrate correct marching fundamentals (glide step, lateral slides, attention, parade rest, etc.)
c. Attend the Phantom Regiment Field Commander camp which will take place in June. (details coming soon)
d. Be prepared to be a positive role model and leader for the Perry High School Marching Band
4. Reminder to purchase your Winds/Concert Band tuxedo shirt. The Palace Concert will be here before you know it.
5. Enjoy your 4 day break by spending a bit of time practicing and improving! B,E,A,D major scale tests for Symphonic Winds will begin on Monday.
Ohio Tuxedo on Whipple Ave (Next to Kinko’s) is offering white tuxedo shirts for $7.99 each! Take advantage of this great deal before they are gone! Be sure to mention you are with the Perry Band.
5132 Whipple Ave, Canton, OH 44718 (330)493-1113