1. Thanks to all members of Symphonic Winds for a great rehearsal on Wednesday with Mr. Holladay.
2. It’s official! The Perry High School Marching Band will be in brand new uniforms for the 2011-2012 season! Thank your Perry Band Boosters for all of their hard work in raising the funds necessary for this MAJOR purchase.
3. Any student interested in auditioning for Field Commander should see Mr. Smith on Monday. Auditions will take place in February-March. Students auditioning for Field Commander will be expected to:
a. Prepare two musical excerpts to conduct (excerpts can now be found on the Marching Band link)
b. Demonstrate correct marching fundamentals (glide step, lateral slides, attention, parade rest, etc.)
c. Attend the Phantom Regiment Field Commander camp which will take place in June. (details coming soon)
d. Be prepared to be a positive role model and leader for the Perry High School Marching Band
4. Reminder to purchase your Winds/Concert Band tuxedo shirt. The Palace Concert will be here before you know it.
5. Enjoy your 4 day break by spending a bit of time practicing and improving! B,E,A,D major scale tests for Symphonic Winds will begin on Monday.