1. The Palace Concert is just around the corner! All Winds and Concert Band members MUST HAVE A TUXEDO SHIRT for their concert uniform. Please purchase a plain white, winged collar tux shirt. Ohio Tuxedo is offering a GREAT deal on tux shirts.
2. Palace Tickets are going fast! Please be sure to get your tickets before we sell out. Tickets are $5 each, payable in cash or check made out to Perry Band Boosters. See any of the Band staff for tickets.
3. Solo and Ensemble forms will be made available this week. Please be sure to know the title of your composition, song code, group name, etc. Forms must be turned in before Christmas Break. The complete Solo/Ensemble required music list can be found on the Winds and Concert Band pages. Symphonic Winds members are HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to participate in either a solo or ensemble, in addition to our WW and Brass choirs. Concert Band members are also HIGHLY ENCOURAGED to participate in a solo or ensemble. A superior rating on a solo will help assure you a spot in Winds next year.
4. AWESOME rehearsal with Mr. Snyder on Wednesday. He had many nice things to say about our group, and assured us that we are on the right track. Let’s keep up the great work and make the second semester even better.
5. Be on the lookout for Contest MP3 files on the Winds and Concert Band pages this coming week.
6. Unfortunately, our website photo slideshow has kicked the bucket. All photos are still available on our Flickr Feed. We are working to find a new slideshow program for the website…please be patient.
7. For clarification, Field Commander auditions are open to all CURRENT sophomores and juniors (next year’s juniors and seniors). Please see Mr. Smith ASAP if you are interested in this leadership role for our Marching Band.
9. Dreading facing the Black Friday crowds this year? Stay home and PRACTICE!
8. Have a safe and relaxing Thanksgiving Break!