1. Solo and Ensemble is fast approaching! Be sure you have lined up your accompanist and are busy preparing your solo/ensemble. If you need help, we will be happy to work with you after school.
2. It’s not too late to sign up for the Booster Bowling Night Fundraiser! This is a great way to fundraise for the Band program without selling anything. Visit the scroller on the homepage for more info. Tickets are available from Mr. Smith or the Band Booster president.
3. The OMEA All State Band takes place this week. Two of our Perry students, Matt Lunsford and Claire Kendig, will be representing our bands in this prestigious event. We are very proud of their talents and hard work.
4. Any student interested in auditioning for the Jazz Ensemble for 2011-2012 should see Mr. Smith ASAP for audition information. Enrollment in this class is by audition only.
5. Winds/Concert Band auditions will be held in late March. You should be preparing a piece of your choosing for this audition, along with major scales. We will provide you with an excerpt later this month, in addition to your prepared piece.
6. The Marching Band schedule for next year will be coming soon! Pencil the date for our Kalahari/Cedar Point trip as October 15/16! We will be leaving Saturday morning and travelling to Sandusky, OH for our stay at Kalahari, followed by a performance at the Perkins High School “Northcoast Band” Competition. Sunday will be spent at Cedar Point, followed by a parade in the park before we return home.
7. Information on The Buckeye Invitational at Ohio Stadium will be available soon.
8. The 2011 Leadership Retreat will tentatively be held on July 14th. This will be a canoe trip on the Tusc. River, followed by an overnight stay at the NTR Campground. More info coming soon. Parents interested in chaperoning/cooking a meal, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org