Dear Parents of 8th Grade Band Members,
The 8th grade band has been working very hard towards their performance at The Ohio Music Education Association State Conference on Thursday, February 7. The students will perform at 4:00pm in the Hyatt Regency Delaware Room ABCD on the second floor. Many music educators from around the state of Ohio are coming to work with our students during our rehearsals.
A few reminders:
1. The rehearsal schedule for December and January has been on the band calendar since the beginning of the school year. Students are required to be at all outside rehearsals. The list is as follows:
December 5, 12, 19 until 4pm in the Edison band room.
January 2, 9, 16, 23 until 4pm in the Edison band room.
January 12, 19, and 26 from 9-12pm in the Edison band room.
2. Pre Conference Concert:
Saturday, January 26, 6pm, PHS Theater
The pre conference concert gives our students the opportunity to play through the music just as they would the day of the conference. We are sharing our concert with the PHS Percussion Ensemble that will be performing at the conference as well.
3. Please make sure that ALL students have the correct uniform. Black dress shoes (not tennis shoes), black Perry polo, and black dress pants (not jeans!). Students that are not dressed appropriately WILL NOT perform or travel with us to Columbus.
4. If you are planning on traveling to Columbus to attend the concert, Mrs. Martin will be sending directions as soon as I get them from the state. If you would like to take your child home after the performance, we need a written note from a parent or guardian and the student will need to check out with one of the directors after our concert.
5. We are always in need of chaperones to ride the bus with the students. If you are interested in chaperoning please fill out the form at the bottom of the letter and return it to Mrs. Martin as soon as possible.
6. If you had requested a badge to enter the Exhibit Hall, Mrs. Martin will get them to you either at the pre conference concert, or the day of the concert in Columbus. You are not able to enter the exhibit hall unless you have a badge! The concert itself is free to attend.
Once again I would like to thank you for all of your support with the special performance. Without all of you, this would not be possible!