1. Welcome back to school! You will need your concert instruments starting on Wednesday. For Tuesday, Jazz Band and Symphonic Winds members should report to the main band room and Concert Band members should report to the aux. band room during your scheduled class time.
2. After school practices begin on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 2:30PM – 4:30PM. Be sure you have all music and drill cards. We have much work to do! On Thursday, we will be marching to Pfeiffer to perform for the 6th Graders.
3. The Stark Co. Fair Band show is on Tuesday, August 27th. Fair Show practice is Monday, August 26th. Please arrive at PHS on Monday no later than 5PM. We will be bussed to the fairgrounds for practice from 6PM-6:45PM. We should arrive back at PHS no later than 7PM. For Tuesday, we will depart PHS at 6:30PM in full uniform. We should arrive back at PHS around 9:30PM.
4. Parents: Please contact Patti Boswell (330-605-7102) if you are interested in working in the concession stands for a home football game. This is a HUGE source of income for the band program, and we need your help!
5. No football game this weekend! Enjoy the weekend off!
6. A reminder to add The University of Akron competition to your calendars on Saturday, September 28th.
7. Start getting the Phantom Show memorized! The faster you memorize, the faster we improve!
8. A reminder that our first football game is on Thursday, August 29th at Massillon.
9. The PHS Marching Band is in desperate need of a second equipment trailer or box truck to transport equipment this season. If you have one available, or are willing to drive, please contact Mr. Smith ASAP.