1. Dress nicely! Do not show up in jeans and a Perry Band tee shirt. Dress pants and dress shirts! How you look will go a long way in helping your performance.
2. BE EARLY! Arrive in the homeroom with plenty of time to warm up. Be outside of your performance room at least 10 minutes early. If you have another event right before you perform, get there ASAP.
3. Be flexible! Rooms will most likely run a bit behind tomorrow.
4. Be courteous and polite at all times! And remember to thank your judge for listening to you after you perform. A smile and a thank you goes a long way. Remember, you represent the Perry Bands.
5. Keep it quiet in the hallways. Just because you may see someone else running up and down the hallway does not mean it’s acceptable for you to do that.
6. Relaxe and enjoy your performance. There is absolutely no reason to get stressed out. Everyone has missed school because of the weather, not just Perry. It will be ok!
7. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SCORE, WITH MEASURES NUMBERED!!!!!!!!!!
8. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SCORE, WITH MEASURES NUMBERED!!!!!!!!!!
9. Check again…….MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SCORE WITH MEASURES NUMBERED!!!!!!!!!
10. Do not wait on Mr. Smith or Mr. Sterling to get to your room. We can’t make it to hear everyone, but will do our best. If you are ready to go, and the judge is ready to go…then go.