1. Field Commander Auditions will take place on Thursday, April 12 , beginning at
2:30PM. Each candidate will have a 10 minute audition slot. (sign up sheets will
be available at a later date)
2. Please prepare the score/music. Music and recordings can be found on the Marching Band page. Be sure to include cues, countoff, any dynamics you wish to show, and a proper cutoff.
3. In addition to conducting, you will be asked demonstrate an attention
command and count offs in 2/4, 3/4, and 4/4. You will also be asked to
demonstrate correct marching fundamentals: glide step and mark time.
4. Your attitude, attendance, leadership skills, and behavior are all factored into
your audition. In order to be a field commander, you must be able to be a
positive leader and role model for the Marching Band and all students in it.
5. If chosen to be a field commander, you must attend the Phantom Regiment
Drum Major Camp at The University of Akron. This will be held from June 21-24. Your attendance at the leadership retreat is also expected. Camp information can be found at: www.regiment.org/camps/drum-major- camp/