Hello! I hope everyone is enjoying this amazing weather as much as I am! I wanted to give you all an update as I’ve been radio silent for the past week. I have several things on my plate, and am currently working on county wide guidelines for Marching Band in the COVID-19 era. We have a lot of issues on our plate, but ensuring a safe return in July is at the top of my current list. Between that and diploma deliveries, and everything else, I’ve neglected to deal with some normal end of year stuff.
• Band Officers- I’m working on it. Stay tuned to the website. We will post the final ballot list and a survey for voting either this week or next.
• In the coming weeks, I will be sharing guidelines with you on what Marching Band will/could/might look like when we return. It’s WAY too early to make any snap decisions, but whatever we do…it’s going to be safe and effective. This is an enormous issue to work through, with hundreds of variables, so I want to make sure we get it right.
• As of today, Tuesday, our Marching Band schedule stands as is. Depending on the course of the next month, and on guidance from the Governor of Ohio, this could change. We will adjust what we need to do accordingly. This is going to take an extraordinary amount of patience on your part and mine, but we need to make sure we do what we need to do so we can have a Marching Band. The schedule may change and some events might have to be cancelled……please be as flexible as you can be. But in the mean time, no one really knows. So don’t worry or stress about it. Practice, and be ready for anything that comes our way. Based on past experience with you, I know I can confidently sit in meetings and say “I’m not worried….Perry kids will get this done”. Not many can say that so don’t prove me wrong.
• There are to be ABSOLUTELY NO NON-STAFF SUPERVISED SECTIONALS at this time. None. Zero. I will let you know when sectionals can happen. Our top priority is making sure that we can handle doing what we need to do so our events don’t get shut down.
• I’ll be in touch with more info soon. I know much of what is listed above is still unknown, but I like to keep you in the loop. Stay tuned, stay sharp, and stay healthy.